1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out to My Niece

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by FalconBlueSky00, Apr 30, 2016.

1. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My niece is staying with us. She's spent a few weeks with us in the summer since junior high. She's 19 this year and I thought those days were over so I'm very happy that she's here. I came out to her last night. She Trans so I knew she would be understanding. We had a good long talk about serious things, which is probably better than all the therapy in the world. I'm so thankful for her.

The rest of my coming out is on hold, I'm more than ready, but my friend group has had a major shake up. One the people that was in my friend group has been molesting another friends 5 year old. I want my friends to be emotionally able to support me when I come out if I need it, and right now they have all they can handle. I found this out about three days after my first post about being ready to come out. The trial will be this summer if we're lucky. For the most part I plan to keep waiting, although I have two newer friends I might come out to. I'm on the fence because they live in the same small town as me and people and secrets aren't compatible in small towns.

2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming out to your niece! I'm so happy for you that you had such a good conversation too!

I'm so sorry about the situation that your friend's kid and your friend is going through. That's just awful. I wish them lots of strength to get through this.

3. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your niece sounds awesome. Good job on coming out to her!

You are doing great. You inspire me, Bunny. Three weeks from today is the Pride Fest in my city, I'm building strength to participate. Thank you for the inspiration.

Best wishes to your friend circle, too, that is a tough situation and your support is important.

4. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's great that you did that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: well done

5. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Baristajedi & SillyGoose

Thanks for the support!

Adray

I don't think anyone's ever told me I inspired them before. Thank you this is going on my pocket list on nice things that I read when I'm feeling down.