1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finally told my ex about name...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by CameronMR, May 3, 2016.

1. CameronMR

...didn't go over well. he basically told me it was "beyond silly" insisted that I was only doing this for attention because "you've always loved your name" and then proceeded to tear down my character.

I've always hated my name, I have never used it -always had a nickname of some sort. I have wanted to change my name since I was 12. I have had my name picked out for 6 years. I told him its not up to you, its not your choice and its not about you. Its quite literally about me. he went on to accuse me of using him for money and he regrets ever talking to me in the first place, he regrets ever asking me out or even meeting me, but when i talk about moving out he is suddenly all "i would never want you to move" which is HIM using ME for money.

I am just so done with all this bullshit. SO. fuk!ng. done.

my daily reminders are "i'm too gay for this sh!t" and "not my circus, not my monkeys"

2. Really

That does sound like some bullshit, that's for sure.

Are you prepared to move out? Is there any reason other than his issues that you can't move out?

I say, if you have all your ducks in a row, do what you need to do.