1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIVORCE Granted....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by looking for me, May 4, 2016.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so we were in court for the maintaince hearing yesterday, and at the end the judge asked if there were a chance of reconcillation, NO! she then asked my EX, so good to say that officially, if she was satisified that my son was being cared for properly. actually suprised me that she said that he was being cared for properly. the judge then asked about some property matters and granted the divorce.

on the way out of court the ex made a snide comment to/about my lawyer, then took a shot at me in the hallway, about my hair of all things. but it is done, just some odd ends to clear up regards to property and i am FREE(!):eusa_danc

i admit that it was a bit anti climactic but liberating none the less.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations!

I had visions of walking out of the courtroom kicking my heels and squealing with delight, but yeah, that didn't happen, I simply walked out and starting thinking of other things.

In a sense, I was successful in achieving what all should with a divorce or a breakup: perfect indifference. If that seems cold, what is the alternative? Continuously hating the ex, (or pining for things to patch up and go back to the way they were) is just another form of a relationship...one I simply do not want anymore.

#2 greatwhale, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016