1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Settling into my sex drive

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, May 6, 2016.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could really go for a hot guy right now. :slight_smile:

That's not exactly been a difficult thing to say, but for a long time it was hard for me to feel my own sex drive. It's like I didn't want to, like I wanted to stay aloof from it. But for whatever reason, I've been sort of settling into it, like settling into a pool or something. Now, this isn't a walking-on-air feeling by any means. It's more like I am comfortably feeling who I actually am. And that by itself is a good thing.

2. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's awesome and I can completely relate :slight_smile: Life really is much better when you're in touch with your feelings.

3. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats (!)

It's an amazing feeling to love and accept ourselves as gay men and feel comfortable enough with ourselves to embrace our sexuality and enjoy a deliciously hot guy without apology.

#3 SiennaFire, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  4. Tomás1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a big & complex topic, of settling into one's sex drive. Obviously some people have more of a sex drive than others, which can be an obstacle in an intimate relationship. If we had sex when we were young, depending on the circumstances & our family situation, it can have consequences, such as being very sexually oriented.

As a bisexual, who prefers sex in the context of a friendship, I've always had the judgement that many gay men who r always looking for nsa sex r sex addicts … tho some say they're going thru a necessary phase.

I have found that when I'm horny & hookup … i.e. Letting my sex drive b in control, often w some alcohol as fuel, it can b really hot …but it's not nearly as satisfying as when I have sex w someone I know & like, or even love.

5. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's great to know that I'm not alone in this. Once I came out to myself, my sex drive went - through - the - roof.....