1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so an interesting weekend....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by looking for me, May 9, 2016.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so my son had his High School Graduation on Saturday. and it went great, i had to sit by my ex but hey, she was true to form anyway.

then, after i got home i sent this message to my brothers and sister;

THIS IS GOING OUT TO EACH OF YOU, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your families.

Well, it has been quite a week. Divorce granted on Tuesday past, xxxx Grad and now this.

If you've been paying attention to my Facebook page you've no doubt seen a lot of posts that are LGBTQ+ friendly and supportive. You might think that I am being supportive of Ben or some other friend. Well, in truth, I am being supportive of me. I recon that I've always known but buried it deep when I was a teen and only let it come to the surface and acceptance about 2 years ago.

My sexuality had nothing to do with the death of my marriage however, the reasons are well known by all of us for that.

Now, about me (haha), I identify as Bisexual. If you're not sure exactly what that means/is I can point you to some great reference material. I am also ready to answer any respectful questions and I am still the same person who I was yesterday, last year, etc.

I hope you can all support and accept me as I continue on this journey to be a more authentic me.

There may be more in the future and if I feel that I need to share I will.

they're responses were its your life, all cool, and we still love you.

then i did this on Facebook;

Ok, so this is an open post to everyone on my Friends List. If, at the end of this post you don't feel that you can continue being my friend I will understand but I do ask that you either send me a private message or post on this as to why you are leaving.

Now, if you've been paying attention to what I post or share, you've no doubt seen that I have been posting/sharing a lot of pro LGBTQ+ things. This is because, not only do I identify with any bullied, oppressed group but because these people are me. I am a Bisexual person, yes that is a real thing. I am moving forward with my life as an authentic person and I am still the same person who I have been yesterday, last week, last year, etc.

Most of you, or all (haha), know that my Divorce was granted on Tuesday past but this has nothing to do with the disillusion of my marriage, these circumstances are well documented.

If any of you has respectful questions or supportive comments to make I am happy to entertain them.

Again, if you feel you cannot continue our interaction on Facebook etc., a simple note is appreciated.

Cheers
    so far, i haven't lost any friends and all responses have been positive. it feels sooo good. still waiting for the ex to explode but hey the divorce was granted last week soooooo.....

just wanted to put that out here...

2. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow! What an act of bravery! It is guys like you that get "out" that do the most for advancing the acceptance of bisexuality. You are my hero. Best.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations!! :icon_bigg:eusa_clap:thumbsup:

4. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Excellent job, Looking For Me! You are so brave.

I'm glad to hear that you have gotten a lot of support.

Like you, I am a bisexual guy. I am in the process of coming out. I am married, and my wife is supportive.

I have started by wearing a bi pride wristband. I'm prepared to answer anyone who asks what it is, but no one has yet. I've played a couple shows with my band, worn it at work, nothing so far.

In two weeks, my wife and I are going to Pride Fest.

At some point in the near future, I'd like to do a Facebook post kind of like yours. First I want to come out locally and to family members. I think.

I'm still figuring it out, but it is definitely in motion. Thank you so much for sharing your coming out story, I draw strength and inspiration from it. I especially like that you included text clips from your FB post. Mine will be different, obviously, but it helps to have seen yours.

Congratulations, too!

5. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay that's awesome! Great post!

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks folks. i can honestly say that im suprised that i havent lost any of my friends on FB and that certain of my sibs, have not cut me loose. pleasant suprises indeed.

7. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is so awesome.

Thanks again, your posts are inspiring!

8. AndyG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok that gave me the chills. Congratulations! Your bravery and honesty feels a little infectious right now... Thanks.