1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm bi but...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Klutz, May 15, 2016.

1. Klutz

There are so very, very few men who interest me.

Hey all, I'm in a bit of a pickle and it led down the rabbit hole to an existential crisis. I met this guy. I want to be friends. He is funny and smart. He is nice and likes people. I have absolutely no sexual interest in him. None.

It would be so much easier if I could just say "I'm gay." Right now, there are seven men I can think of whom I am interested in. Three of whom are professional athletes. One of whom I may have a chance with, and the other three there is no chance whatsoever (already in committed relationships). I appreciate the male form, but I'm not sure how much of that appreciation is artistic and aesthetic. I was talking to a friend of mine about how I didn't know if I'm bi or a lesbian, and her advice (wisdom right here) was "picture them with their heads between your legs, if it makes you happy, you are into them." And there are seven men walking the face of this planet right now that I'd be down for (do you see what I did there?).

So, I can't lie and say I'm a lesbian, but it would be so much easier. So. Much. Easier. How do you all reject people? I'm going to do the "I'm having a great time, but I want you to know I am only interested in being friends" thing. The kicker is that so often, people don't listen to that and think that if they hang around enough, I'll change my mind. I'm one of those people who wants to throat punch most of the people who complain about the "friendzone", just in case you were wondering.

I'm sure the topic is relevant to any orientation. How do you tell someone you aren't interested in them romantically, but think they are awesome and want to be friends and have them listen?

2. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is some sagacious advice. Wow.

Anywho, as a fellow bi with a lean towards one gender, I've had the opportunity/curse of having to shoot down several interested suitors over the years (in fact, 2 last weekend, anywho).

My SOP is to be honest, but not brutally honest with them. For example:

Hope this helps.

#2 MsEmma, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016