1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and lost...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Sunny68, May 17, 2016.

1. Sunny68

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I need a little help...
    I fell in love with a woman last summer.
    It was my first experience with a woman. I am not sure where we stand as she and I are both married. She has decided to work on her marriage and I am now in the process of divorce from my husband and so lost. I've haven't dated in 24 years. Where do I go from here. I need honest, kind advice. Please help

2. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Per my limited reading in this area (I am a guy) women are more sexually oriented generalized. - few. Lets call this fluid. More open to a wide range of different experiences. In this case men and women. And women can be / are very happy that way. Guys are pretty much one way or the other, gay and will not stray from being gay.

It's not to say that "experimentation" does not occur, thats how we humans learn. But now the crux. Our Western Society, mainly based on Christian judge and condemn has ingrained in us, right and wrong and pushing a square peg through a round hole and you must absolute be this way or else!

My advice, embrace who you are. Seek a relationship based on who you want to be with, based on love and understanding, not upon what society dictates to you.

I suggest the web sight, www.psychologytoday.com to seek answers.

Later

---------- Post added 17th May 2016 at 07:06 AM ----------

Oh and I forgot to say, welcome to ECs.

3. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sunny, glad you are here. This is a good place to be. There's something about losing the woman you love that feels like you lost at least one major limb and half your skin. I'm slow to say what you should do, since I don't really know your situation. I know for me, I would need to take a little time and space to heal so that not everything about my soul would feel so raw and bleeding. There's no rush. You don't have to hurry to another relationship if you don't really want to, and you don't have to rush for an orientation label either.. You're going to be ok. It will not always feel this bad. You're going to be alright.

4. Sunny68

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It hurts so incredibly much. I've never felt the closeness and completeness with anyone but her. I truly feel lost. Thank you both for your encouragement and advice.

5. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

I know what it feels like to fall for someone. And I know I'm only 14, but I'll try my best to help. I wouldn't suggest running right back into the dating scene until you feel comfortable. I just want to ask you a few questions, they might be personal, so you don't have to answer them, but it might help you find out what you are in terms of sexuality.

1) Did you enjoy your sexual experiences with your soon to be ex-husband?
    2) How would you feel about sexual experiences with another woman?
    3) Have you ever had a crush on any other woman before?

6. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Ohhhh I feel for you. I'm no longer in touch with the woman I fell in love with and we were never intimate.

May I ask as to the background of your story? It's certainly cathartic to share and for someone like me, stuck in limbo as you, to hear.

7. Sunny68

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't figured out if I can reply to everyone individually but I just want to say thank you all so much for being so supportive and kind. I'm struggling and in my my heart I have no idea how it's all going to end but your support can help me either way. I love her deeply but I may have to move on and that's when I'm going to need REAL guidance from those of you who KNOW what I'm goin through <3

Shadstack:
    Your questions are quite personal but to answer 1) yes, early on 2) I have already experienced another woman and it was incredibly meaningful, deep rooted and completely fluid. The best sex I've EVER experienced. 3) Although I have always admired women physically I have never experienced any intense feelings before my first and only.

#7 Sunny68, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  8. Sunny68

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for being so sweet Caliwoman =) I'm a very young at heart 47 year old mama of 2 little ones who's in a heterosexual marriage for over 20 yrs. The intimacy in our relationship took a downward spiral when we adopted our first child, that was almost 10 yrs ago. I met a great woman (a married lesbian) who I became very close friends with and over the last year we fell in love. We each were missing intimacy in our marriages and we found it in each other. We saw each other frequently and became so close...we couldn't fight what felt like a gravitational pull and we're still feeling that although she has decided to put more effort into her marriage at this point and I am now headed towards divorce from my husband of 20 years. I honestly don't know if I fell in love with her as a person or a lesbian...the fact that making love with her was incredible probably speaks volumes about where I'm headed but I just don't know. I'm so sorry if I put you to sleep lol
    It's kind of a boring story but it's mine =) Wdyt?

#8 Sunny68, May 17, 2016
  9. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    No, not at all. Your journey and story are one of a kind and although painful, on some level, it is deeply beautiful.

The woman I fell in love with (last year) text messages me yesterday, but it wasn't to me. It was to a business, asking for a quote. I wonder if she intentionally sent it to me, I mean, we haven't spoken in 8 months.

Today, I messaged her back that she had the wrong person and who I was. She wrote back SORRY and I replied NO WORRIES. That's the most communication we have had in 8 months.

Oh, how my heart aches and I wanted to ask her how she was, but couldn't. I miss her so. I understand your heartache. It is deep and intense.

#9 caliwoman, May 17, 2016
  10. Sunny68

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's incredibly intense. I love her and I know I always will, I think that we should be together and probably won't ever give up.

I think you replying "no worries" was perfect!! You also can't be SURE she didn't text you intentionally. Maybe she was curious. Do you still love her? Is she married, a lesbian? Does she know how you feel?

You are in a tough spot, I was in that same place last summer. Are you interested in meeting women and developing new friendships that could possibly lead to more? Are you ready for that at this point?

Follow your heart cause sometimes your head thinks too much <3

I'm always here if you need to talk girly =)

Ps...Why don't you text her asking her how she's been? I can't say if it will go well or not but if you love her so so much, you might not want to pass up the opportunity...especially with her "accidental" text yesterday darlin'

#10 Sunny68, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  11. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Sunny, thank you for taking the time to read and respond to what I'm going through. I'm so confused. I find myself going back into my phone and reviewing what she text messaged me yesterday and our responses, today. I keep hoping to see another text from her.

I do still love her and feel as you do for the object of your affection: I think I will always love her. She is straight and married, with a child. She knows I had a crush on her and found her attractive, but I denied that it was romantic/sexual. I'm not sure if she knew that I felt much more for her, but it was obvious to everyone in my life.

I was just at the point of beginning to move on and think about pursuing a woman who may take it to a sexual level with me, when she text messaged. Now, I'm all over the place as far as feelings. I'm not the kind of person who can see any woman and think, "Wow, I'd like to bang her." Not at all. I need to know the woman first and if there is an emotional connection and that extra spark, then I'm a goner. I'm head over heels and its much deeper than I could ever feel for a man.

My "friendship" with her seemed more like a relationship without the physical intimacy. It was intense, push-and-pull, hot-and-cold and we each tried to control the other. I was always overwhelmed by the feelings and tried to run from it, multiple times. In the end, when I'm finally willing to "stay" in the friendship, we have a small tiff and she runs. She never speaks to me after I cancel a hang-out on her. Months later, I apologized for the things that I believed I did wrong, but she ignores me. She never says a word. I know she's reading my e-mails and she even goes on my husband's facebook page, because she accidentally sent him a friend request...but no matter what I say or how much I apologize, she says nothing to me.

After nearly two months of her just leaving me there, in the beginning of January of this year, I can no longer take the rejection and I walk away and block her on Facebook. I needed to extinguish the hope I still had in order to move on. Moving on is something I was still in the process of doing when she text messaged me and even had started therapy over it. It was confusing and I was heartbroken.

I'm unsure as to why she still has my contact info in her phone. I had long since deleted her number back when I blocked her on Facebook (January 2016).

Monday morning, I'm texting someone else when I get a text from an out of area number. It says, "Hi, this is Jane from Dr. Smith's office. I'm interested in a cosmetic treatment you guys may offer and would like to know if you could tell me more about it. Hope you're doing great!"

And at the end of her text was a kissy face emoji.

At first, I thought it was from another friend and so I just continued with the text I was writing, when it dawned on me who it might be. I exited the text I was writing and saw the number it was from. My heart caught in my throat. My hands trembled. I wondered if this was really happening. I scrambled to find my therapist's phone number, but she didn't answer.

It took much courage for me to text her that she had the wrong person. My mind and heart know she probably intentionally sent it to me to look like an accident, but obviously, I'm not 100% sure. I wanted to ask her how she was, but I was too afraid of being rejected again.

After 8 months of silence, she's finally replied to something I've said. One word. Sorry. Did she want to hear from me? Is this just a game? My mind runs away from me at this point. I want to say, "How are you doing?" but my fingers won't let me type it out.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. Hearing from her has resulted in the feelings coming back to me. I love her very much. I want for nothing but her happiness, even though that hasn't been and probably won't include me in the future.

And you Sunny? Do you still speak to the woman you love? How have you been handled being apart from her?

#11 caliwoman, May 18, 2016
  12. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel. It sucks. I miss someone too. I thought she felt the same way about me somewhere deep inside, but she didn't. I thought the connection we had meant something to her, but it seems I was wrong. I gave away my heart and it got broken.

That's OK. I forgive myself for knowing better and going ahead anyway, because I faced a deep-seated fear within me. To me, that's what life is about. You've gotta take that chance and go out on a limb. You've gotta risk getting hurt, rejected, brokenhearted.

Otherwise, how can you ever find someone who's willing to do the same for you, who's willing to stand there and be vulnerable, and tremble in your presence just like you tremble in hers, and then embrace in that special spontaneous way that says "I love you" all on its own because it's real, because you both want to just hold each other, because being close to that person means the world to you, and because if you could just stay in those arms for as long as you could, you'd rather die there in the bliss of loving idiocy than ever leave and live on. You can't. You've gotta play the game to have even the smallest chance at winning and finding love—even if it skins you alive.

And then you find someone you think you share that with and you get your heart broken, you go home and you kick yourself in the head saying "You created all of this shit—all of this one-sided shit. Thanks a lot for fucking up my feelings."

Heartbreak sucks. It just sucks and it's OK to hate the world for a while.

I don't think it's true that the heart mends, at least for me. I think once I give away my heart to someone, there's no taking it back. Once someone breaks it, there's no mending it.

There's only the incentive to grow a new one. A new one to give to a new person. The old hearts will stay with the people I gave them to. They may die. They may live. But I will live on with a new heart slowly growing. Each time I make a new heart, I think it gets a little bit bigger and stronger than the last one.

I get better at growing hearts, as it were.

I like that metaphor better than the old break/mend analogy because I think it honors the love you gave someone rather than shames you for being "stuck" or whatever. And it helps orient you (or at least me) to the future, as well as equips you with a sense that this is going to take time, and that's OK.

Remember to take care of yourself and find your own center while you're going through this. Remember that your feelings, your hopes, your needs, your dreams are important. That love that you're longing to give her—that beautiful, wonderful, tender care that you're yearning to give her—turn that around and focus it onto yourself instead. Take some time off, go somewhere you want to go, do something you've been wanting to do, buy yourself something you've wanted for a while, buy yourself flowers, red roses, a vacation. Something. Do something that you would have done to show her you love her and then do that for yourself.

Make a habit of it.

13. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Plaid, what you wrote is beautiful and I especially love the last part of it! Yes, we need to remember to take care of ourselves and to love ourselves, first and foremost. We deserve it.

14. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    caliwoman, I'm reading your story now. Why did you cancel hanging out with her? Did you try rescheduling? Just a thought, because the woman I've been pining for did the same to me. I felt so bummed because it took all the courage I had to be able to stand asking her to hang out just us, she seemed thrilled, then canceled, never reached out to me to reschedule, and so I pulled away.

Try being vulnerable! It helps move things forward instead of backwards into the mess where it's all about trying to get control of things because both are scared of the power the other person has over you.

15. Sunny68

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Plaid,
    I'm not sure I'll ever get over her. We still see each other a couple times a week, we can't seem to separate no matter how hard we try. She loves me as I love her and mirrors all the same feelings but carries a guilt that she ow3a her wife another chance...she's torn as well. I am struggling with what make of my own marriage AND being a new lesbian (for lack of a better term) feeling the way I do. We have this pull between us I've never felt with anyone and it causes us to settle for less because being apart is too devastating.
    It kills me every time I picture her with her wife laughing, eating together, making memories that I want to be mone so badly...I just sink and cry north of the time and she hates it.
    I am fortunate enough to have a continued, very intimate and loving relationship with her. We have stopped, for now, our physical contact except for hugs and kissing but I miss her holding me, holding her skin on skin, touching her, building those memories. I yearn for it EVERY f'n day and it's overwhelming ALL the time. I understand your feelings and your needs, trust me.
    I have always given all of me to her, I emptied myself for her, nutured her and love her with all of me...she loves how I care for her and only want to please her and give...she's never felt that in her marriage. I have begun to take care of me and it feels good. I just want to bechappy, loved, adored and put FIRST...being put first and having someone so into me that they lose sleep and worry and tremble. That's not too mych to ask for, is it?
    Are you dating now? If so, how's it going?

16. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I cancelled because she controlled the friendship 100%. It was all on her terms and I didn't feel like it was fair to me. I cancelled on her and told her to just hit me up when she was ready for a traditional friendship. My intention wasn't to push her away or sound like a smart-ass, which she may have interpreted as that, but she wasn't exactly fair with me.

She did take a lot from me. She knew EVERYTHING about me in a short amount of time and I'm being very intense, but she never ends the friendship over those things. It's when I cancel on her.

I want to ask her how she's doing, but I'm too afraid. In the end, I chased her...hard. I'm not proud of how I acted then, begging and pleading. I embarrassed myself. So, I'm afraid the text really was an accident and I don't want to step on her boundaries like I did before, when I chased her.

I have a big ego, but it seems as hers is much larger, lol...because when I "come back" at a certain point, I lay everything on the line and tell her how I feel and why I cancelled on her (I don't include the sexual feelings, though). I sent the letter to another friend to proofread for me and my friend asked, "You're sending this to another woman?" and I said yes.
    My friend said, "If you sent this to me, I would think you wanted a relationship with me. It sounds like you want more than a friendship with this woman. If I were you, I wouldn't send it."

I immediately disagreed with my friend, "Nooooo, that's not true. I don't want a relationshp with her!" and I sent it anyways.

So maybe she knows I wanted more with her, maybe she doesn't. I'm not really sure of anything when it comes to her. I def made things awkward. She never responded, but I know she read my emails and even continued to check out our facebook profiles, because she accidentally sent a request to my husband.

Now, this. When it comes to her, I'm so confused.

Yes, I am scared. Being vulnerable, especially with her and with what happened, is a big fear of mine.

---------- Post added 18th May 2016 at 08:27 AM ----------

Sunny,

I don't know how you do it. Dealing with the pain of the separation from the woman you love. It's indescribable...

17. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Well, I text messaged her back: "How have you been?"

Let's see if she responds. :bang:

18. Sunny68

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cali...How are you darlin'?.

19. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Not well. I'm crying my eyes out to my husband. She hasn't responded and I know she won't. She was just playing games with me. I don't know what to say anymore. I feel like I'm done. Women have always broken my heart.

20. Sunny68

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh Cali...I'm so sorry. I hoped hard all day that the outcome would be different but maybe this is what you need to move on. I feel for you darlin', I truly do. Please hang in there and know I'm thinking of you. I'm here.

#20 Sunny68, May 18, 2016