1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You know that feeling...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by kypso, May 18, 2016.

1. kypso

...when you feel like you're the only person going through something!
    Of course, naturally, this isn't true I'm sure.
    I am married to a man, a wonderful understand man who is totally cool with me being bisexual. I didn't actually put that word to it until a year or so into our marriage and only told him when I realised, if that is acceptable to say.

Needless to say, a lot of things have started to make sense to me since my realisation.
    This issue I am having is that having not been with a woman, I am increasingly starting to feel like I am missing out on something and I feel awful for thinking this.
    I can't even put a finger on what I feel I am missing out on and I am starting to question myself all over again.

I am not alone am I?

2. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    You are not some. 34 yo married female going through the same thing. I only identified as bi, last week.

---------- Post added 18th May 2016 at 01:09 PM ----------

Alone. Not some.

3. kypso

Hi caliwoman, nice to talk to someone going through the same thing!
    Can I ask what helped you identify?

4. WanderingMind

Hi Kypso! Welcome to EC! I think you'll find many familiar stories here (mine included). Don't be afraid to reach out and ask for help!

5. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
  6. kypso

Ah thanks for saying that, I totally understand that frustration. My husband is lovely but just isn't a woman and whilst I am still attracted to him and men generally somewhat I feel I am missing out on a closeness I don't think I could achieve with a man.
    I don't know what to do, it's eating away at me

---------- Post added 19th May 2016 at 07:05 PM ----------

Thanks for that WanderingMind! I have been here before when coming out which was so helpful, such a nice community here. What is your story?

7. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Kypso. Welcome to EC!

You are definitely not alone. I am also married (to a man) and identify as Bi. I have been with women in the past when I was younger and a crush on a lesbian work colleague recently has made me question if I'm happy in my marriage and also if I'd be happier with a woman.

Did anyone make you realise you were Bi? Were you attracted to women when you were younger?

---------- Post added 19th May 2016 at 08:37 PM ----------

You might find this thread useful: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/lgbt-later-life/209900-embracing-your-bisexuality.html

8. kypso

Thanks for that dirtyshirt84! :slight_smile:

I have never been with a woman, kissed is as far as it has gone.
    The weird thing is I am sure I have always really felt this way, I had strong attractions to women when I was younger but I think I misplaced them as just 'wanting to be close and spend time with them'. I think that's the best way I can describe it.

I have always actually found women's bodies much more attractive but still find men attractive of course. I actually only really gave it this word and admitted it to myself and my husband about a year ago! I can think back to times when this makes total sense up to about 12 years ago when I was a teenager! So much makes sense now! It's really odd, like I was lying to myself and almost believing it. I was somewhat of a tomboy when I was younger and I think part of it was that I didn't want to be a bit of a cliche!

I remember looking at someone I know who is female and being attracted to her and wondering what she looked like naked and it literally hit me like a tonne of bricks!
    Since then I am much more accepting of it in myself and a few friends now know as well as my husband. I am starting to question myself more and more especially because my husband's sex drive is much higher than mine. I wonder if in fact I just want sex with a woman more...???