1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Confusion

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Tomás1, May 21, 2016.

1. Tomás1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, sorry about the title... however even tho I'm an out & proud bisexual, my bisexuality has been the source of alot of confusion in my life - basically, do I want to be with a woman or a man. Unfortunately, when I look at the consequences of my bisexuality ... having lost many women who can't handle my bisexuality, many gay men who ultimately want to be w another guy ... being a youthful 68, single, divorced from a woman, and no longer with my long term lover Ed, my intuition is that my being single is a consequence of my bisexuality.

I find that women are more interested in a relationship, and men are more interested in sex. I've done alot of psychological work, therapy, meditation, lived in SF for 5 yrs as a gay man. The longing for sex is only fulfilled temporarily. Inner peace may occur only by giving the longing up, and being happy with what is,

I left SF and started dating women, because I like women, and I'm much more comfortable in a mixed setting than exclusively gay men. With a high libido, I usually date women I'm sexually attracted to. Being a top, alot of my sexuality with men has been being serviced. Most men are not interested in anything more than nsa - intimacy is more of a woman's thing... tho I'm sure there are exceptions.

Has my history condemned me to unfulfilling process? My first partner was my older sister. When I was in college, I had a 35 yo lover who I was close to, and gave me awesome blow jobs. As my sexual longings were fullfilled w so little effort, is it any wonder I still go down that pathway?

I vacillate between hookups and shame, giving them up for a few weeks and then finding myself back on a hookup app or website. I welcome any feedback & reflection!

2. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe look for a Friend with Benefits?