1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intial Appointment

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Iyea, May 23, 2016.

1. Iyea

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    YAY.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Hi all. I finally got my first appointment with the gender clinic in a few days. I have been waiting over a year. Its come at last.

Ok i have a problem.

I dont know what to expect, What they are going to ask me, What i am meant to say.

I dislike going into places where i have no idea what im suppose to do. Especially when its something as important as this.

I have been stealth now for nearly 2 years. I haven't needed to prove anything as im fortunate enough to look as i should.

I feel like im on trial and got to prove myself even if i haven't got anything to prove.

Has anyone got any tips about what frame of mind i should be in? What do i need to say and not to say? What evidence do i need? Do i need any at all?

Has anyone done this before? Can they give a little advise or words of wisdom?

I'm transitioning quite late in life as im not to far off 50.
    Been stealth for 2 years.
    I have changed my name etc and live my everyday life as i should.

Any help or advise appreciated

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on getting into the gender clinic finally! I'm not sure what they are going to ask you, but I would say that being honest with them is the best policy here. They can only do what they can with the information that you give them. I would bring documentation of your name change, just in case. I'm always of the mindset that it is better to bring more information than is needed. This also can be used to show that you have been living full time. I'm not sure what clinic that you are going to, but you may be able to get some ideas on what to expect and what you will need here.

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! I can imagine you've come a long way to get to this point. In terms of questions, I imagine they're so experienced with asking questions and preparing you, they will likely guide you through it all.

Good luck!

4. Iyea

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well today is the day.

Thank you for your input.

Ive had a bit of time to ponder it.

I have been thinking, Why should i be worried. Ive not been a man for the last 40 something years. Im a woman who once had trans issues. at least that's how i feel. Ive been living my life how i want to for quite a while. I don't have to worry about what they think. I know what i am and just have to give them an insight into my life.
    I work. I play and i live as me. What more can one do?

#4 Iyea, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  5. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great attitude! Kick butt and take names, Iyea!

6. Iyea

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ""UPDATE""

All went great.

A little bit of tell me about the first time you had these feelings then onto a lightning tour of my life up to this point.

I have been recommended for starting Hormone therapy. I now just have to wait for that appointment to come for the blood tests and the first doses. More waiting but hey ho. Ive waited 38 years, another couple of months isn't going to be so bad. Staying positive

7. PrettyinPunk

Congrats! Its good your first appointment went well and you'll be starting hormone therapy. Keep up the positivity!:eusa_clap

8. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you are doing great!!! Congrats on putting this milestone behind you.