1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whoops. An accidental outing.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Katchoo, May 24, 2016.

1. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I had put on my google calendar for yesterday an event called "Come Out" with a smiley sticker on it. :slight_smile: Aparently I created this even on one of my google calendar profiles that my boss P has access to. Whoops! She barely uses technology, so sometimes she accidentally turns my calendar on and gets very confused about all of her appointments, but aparently she saw this event and talked to my coworker-friend S about it (because she thought S would know already), and S told me. Fortunately P is cool and chill, and Iguess that's one less conversation to have. I worry about who she is talking to and how. We have a really progressive office, so there's no concern about negative pushback for being gay. Like, over the summer, I hope to have a staff meeting that involves a coming out cake. But, I just feel bad because it's out of my control. At first Iwas amused, then sad, then anxious in that farting non stop ansiety, and then anxious about if she told her husband who does a little bit of work with us and who sometimes teases mercelessly. I can't handle him teasing me.

I sent a message to P to try to open the conversation instead of it just being this unspoken thing. She hasn't responded yet. I really want to ask her to make sure her husband does not tease me. Like, I would cry so hard if he teased me.

2. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In other news, I'm really excited about my $20 ebay watch.

20160524_133332.jpg

3. brians34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Accidental outings are a bitch aren't they?

I like the watch

4. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're handling it well! It sucks when things are out of your control. But it seems like a decent environment, so that's good. Good luck with talking to P, your boss.

5. yeehaw

Uh, seems like a boss at a therapy place would know better than to assume that it was ok to talk about you being gay with a friend of yours before you told her it was ok to do that?

I'm sorry it happened, and I hope she gets back to you to let you know her husband won't tease you.

6. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeehaw, I agree, but, out of my control...