1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding an authentic style

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Katchoo, May 26, 2016.

1. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im really happy to have found a few things that help me express myself. Feels good. What are you finding? 20160526_170314.jpg

20160524_133332.jpg

2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't shopped in a while for new stuff, but I went through an awesomely fun phase buying clothes like flannels, v-neck tees and cute boots that make me feel really gay. I tried to order a pride bracelet, but it never came from amazon.

I will likely make another attempt at getting that, and also, I want to get other accessories. I'd like to get something specific to being queer, but I don't know any queer symbolism. I also thought about getting a black triangle to wear around my neck.

I love queer shopping!

---------- Post added 26th May 2016 at 03:53 PM ----------

ps I love the stuff you got, super cute!!

3. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, jedi. :slight_smile:

Goodwill boots making me happy. received_847961337932.jpg

4. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

oh i am having SOOO much fun shopping!!!

[​IMG]

spring color for me
    [​IMG]

sandals for club outings
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just bought a bunch of tank tops online...though that has as much to do with the fact that I've been working out and actually have arms I feel I can show off now as it does being "gay." (Am I aloud to use that word to describe myself if I identify as pan?)

After I finally come out, I plan to get a pansexual pride bracelet or two and shirt off Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Pansexual-str...e-jewelry/dp/B019M4IR3Q?ref=hnd_dp_car_mba_31
    Amazon.com: Pansexual Pride Silicone Bracelet Wristlet - LGBT Pan Sexual Flag Wristband w/ Pan Pride Flag Colors (Pansexual Pride Flag).LGBT Pan Pride / Bi Pride - One Wristlet / GLBT Jewelry. Great for the Gay parade or as a Gay Gift to Celebrate Sa
    http://www.amazon.com/HUMAN-Cake-Pr...e=UTF8&qid=1464320230&ref_=sxr_pd_sm_se3&sr=3

Heck, I might even get myself a rainbow flag as well!

6. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the stuff!

Gazelle, use whatever terms you want. :slight_smile: It's your life.

7. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one of those silicone wristbands - mine is the colors of the bi pride flag: blue-lavender-pink. I love it! Silicone wristbands are so easy to slip on, they go with anything, they are just awesome.

I started wearing mine on travel, when I wasn't likely to be seen by anyone I know.... As I got closer to coming out, I started wearing everywhere. I was kinda hoping to get asked about it... but never did. It is a nice display of pride, though. Love it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

8. kypso

Love the watch!

9. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have just ordered some rainbow bracelets from Etsy!

10. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a rainbow bracelet from EGALE in Canada. I bought colourful shirts for work, I always wore greys, blacks, browns etc. anything else seemed "too queer" when I was hiding from myself. now I have pinks, and lavenders, and blues.... I like to paint my toe nails so I can keep a bit of my fem self with me all the time, and I've bought pretty dresses but don't have the nerve to let anyone see me in them.....:bang: hopefully the gender counselor can get me past those blocks, not that you're going to see me walking into the grocery store any time soon, if ever.:icon_redf

11. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lookingforme, I think it sounds like you have a super good start. Ihave those super comfy thigh high rainbow socks, and having those on under pants helped me feel like Iwas carrying some pride with me even if Iwasn't ready to show it to everyone yet. It does feel weird to hide pride wear, like, isn't that kind of shame, but Ithink baby steps are awesome. With the socks, often the friends I am already out to were the only ones who notice. I think maybe things like that at first, things that you know and people in the know would recognize, but not like a big ole rainbow feather boa at work or whatever.

---------- Post added 27th May 2016 at 04:09 PM ----------

I realize that Ihave been talking about my watch like I basically have a crush on it, so, sorry about that. Promise nothing kinky is going on with the watch, though if you're a watch-o-sexual, you do you, friend. I got a new battery in it yesterday, and it still isn't keeping time correctly. Like losing 2 or 3 minutes per hour, which is crazy. I am going to mail it back for a refund. :frowning2: Super sad. Gotta shop for the next bigass masculine watch of my dreams. Back to watch ******, I mean ebay..

#11 Katchoo, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  12. Butterfly2016

I have a lot of pretty rainbow jewelry. And a couple of rainbow wristbands. But...I'm not allowed to wear them...

13. fenestra

99% of my clothes are 2nd hand/mostly functional and I don't wear jewelry but I recently fell in love with these. And I ordered some rainbow buttons to put on my backpack. :slight_smile:

Bisexual/Pansexual pride:

Attached Files:

#13 fenestra, May 27, 2016
  14. TravelerMe

Love this!
    Love the watch Katchoo. I've been trying different ones to complement the new me.

Bracelets: started wearing these as my way of identifying to myself

image.jpg

15. fenestra

Are you comfortable explaining why? :frowning2:

16. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Butterfly, I was wondering that, too. Do you have a job where bracelets/wristbands are a safety risk? OSHA and all that?

I'm real sad to take this watch back to the post office. :frowning2: Struggling to ebay another one. What do yall think of this one? Screenshot_2016-05-27-20-40-44.jpg

17. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    At the moment I've spiced up my general uniform of boots jeans and leather (I have a magnificent long "matrix coat" (as my friends call it) and a jacket) with some eclectic old ties inherited from family. I also bought my new glasses from the mens section in a nice tortoiseshell. And I dug out all this random man jewellery that I bought as a little kid. I get a fair few compliments just from me trying to pull all those hand me downs and random finds together with some shirts and such into something sttlish and a bit gay.

I would like to buy more shirts - that's my main priority. And a man watch as katchoo was saying, I love your watch enthusiasm!!! I love those sorts of watches where you can see the mechanisms inside so I would go for that one!

I find queerness so freeing in terms of fashion. No longer do I have any excuse to not express how I want. I can be as boyish as I want. Suddenly clothing and style is much more exciting - don't you find?

#17 SHACH, May 27, 2016
  18. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I figured. We're all still under the "gay umbrella" anyway. And if I'm dating a guy, everyone will automatically label me as gay anyway(unless I correct them, of coarse)

I might get a bi pride bracelet as well, as I still identify with the term. I'm not one of those "two cool for skool" pansexuals who distances themselves from the bisexuals. I actually use the terms interchangeably for myself.:slight_smile:

19. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whizbang I noticed your location. I'm about 50 mins south of you, waving at you now.:slight_smile:

Found these toms for $5 last weekend. Might be the only thing I ever were again, would like a pair in a grey with out the gold bling, but hey $5. The chunky chain has pink in it too, a bit hard to see in pic, but the pink blue purple blends perfectly in and out of each color.

image.jpg

Hmmm.. Can't figure out how to attach more than one pic. Please excuse the double post that's about to happen. Still can't figure it out maybe tomorrow.

#19 FalconBlueSky00, May 27, 2016
  20. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay got it! The chain.
    image.jpg