1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So grateful for EC

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, May 27, 2016.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my thread 'the journey' I talk about how reading through some of my initial threads reminded me once again just how instrumental EC has been on my journey. This forum, the supportive environment, all of you guys, warm, caring, supportive folks. I can't stress enough how much it's meant to me being able to come here for support, encouragement, kicks in the pants, love and empathy.

Even though I mention it on my thread, I felt this sentiment deserves its own thread. I am so grateful to have you guys and this space to help me on my journey.

I started out scared, overwhelmed, alone. And now my life has changed in immeasurable ways for the better. Much of that has to do with this community.

So many hugs. (&&&)

---------- Post added 27th May 2016 at 12:14 AM ----------

Haha ok I just have to note, this is just funny - I just realised while I'm writing this post, Fatboy Slim's 'Praise You' is playing on my headphones. :lol:

#1 baristajedi, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As you continue on your journey, gaining tremendous life experience, it will be great to see you do the same for others on EC and help them on their own journey - of course as you already are doing!

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I'll be sticking around! This place has become like home to me :slight_smile:

I'm touched to think my experience might be helpful to guide others through this journey. I still think at this point I'm still a bit of a baby queer, though I've certainly gone over I think the first huge hump, and feeling strong momentum in moving forward. And I hope to continue to have a lot more experience under my belt.

Folks like you, Greatwhale, and Siennafire have always inspired me that it does "get better". I'd be moved to think I might give others that kind of inspiration.

#3 baristajedi, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  4. kyboan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I wanted ro use this space to thank you. I received much needed help and support on my thread but you were quite helpful as well. I'm nervous but also excited for the first time after your suggestions and are now really looking forward to the future.

5. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, thank you, that means so much to me!