1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love has hit me like a ton of bricks!!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Flutters1980, May 27, 2016.

1. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I'm writing this post more as a journal and to share the joy in which I'm experiencing right now! I'm still in disbelief how this all came about.

To start off, I had made several profiles on the online dating world and the first woman I met up with ended up living about 3 minutes away from me. I thought it was pretty rad that she lived practically a neighborhood away. We had a few things in common. I found her easy to talk to and was attracted. I thought we had hit it off pretty well, then BAM!! She broke it off with me over text with no good explanation. That was a site I had to pay $25/mo just to be a member of. I do tend to have a type of woman that I seem to always be attracted to. I tend to like short older butch stocky Caucasian women with light eyes. I'm not really sure why, but I just adore this appearance and it's funny because it is COMPLETELY opposite of me being a short femme thin black girl with dark eyes. Lol.

So i dated one woman after another that turned out to be duds. The last one that ended was a girl that never wanted to make time to see me in person but wanted me to text her throughout her workday. She would text me when she was out partying but yet she didn't have the time to see ME in person. She was upset when I told her that I was looking for more than a pen pal. So, that was that!

I finally just threw in the towel and shifted my focus to growing my personal animal care business and hanging out with my friends whenever I had free time. A couple months later the craziest thing happened. I remember seeing a profile of a woman on an absolutely free dating site who I found intetesting. Not only was she completely my type visually but our interests were the same.
    I remember reading that she was several states away which I found was a bummer but then I read that she was willing to relocate.

I put an interest on her with not much thought that I'd hear anything back and pretty much forgot about it. So my birthday rolls around May 1st. I was checking my email and in my box was a notification that I had a message waiting from and interested person. I was about to just blow it off but decided to look at it. It was a message from the woman I'd put interest on. She had message me at 1:35ish in the morning Pretty much Right after it had turned my birthday! She had NO clue it was my bday because dating sites don't show that kind of info. To make a long story short we hit it off right off the bat and I stopped receiving messages from other people I was chatting with and apparently it was the same on her end! I found out also that she is in fact looking to relocate by the end of next tax season to a warmer climate and here I am in Texas!

She is currently planning on coming here to Visit as soon as she can find the time and saves the extra money. I am still in disbelief that it has been barely a month since we started talking and we are already in love with each other! I remember being so skeptical of other people taking online relationships seriously, thinking how can you fall in love with someone you've never met in person? Luckily FaceTime exist and we do it constantly. Thanks for taking the time to read my joy!:eusa_clap

#1 Flutters1980, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  2. Really

Congrats! Hope it all goes well. :slight_smile:

3. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome! Sending good luck pixie dust your way!

5. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you ms.emma I am on cloud 9!!

6. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Congratulations

7. PrettyinPunk

Congrats!!! I hope you two continue to hit it off and have lots of fun times to come!

8. kypso

Big congrats!!

9. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you very much guys! I never thought I'd feel like this with anyone.