1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's my one year Gayday anniversary!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by bibeauty28, May 28, 2016.

1. bibeauty28

bibeauty28 Guest

One year ago today I told the most important people in my life and all my friends and family on Facebook that I am Bi.

The year went by so fast! But I can safely say that I am a MUCH happier person since coming out to everyone.

I can't tell you how good it feels to not have that secret looming over head all the time. Before, when only two people in the world knew, I would think about my queerness and obsess over it 24/7. It was exhausting. Should I tell my friends and family.. Shouldn't I.. How would I tell them.. When.. Should I do it with everyone in a group.. One on one - I would wonder if anyone knew before I told them etc.. (FYI no one did. I was shocked lol)

My thoughts about my queerness absolutely took over my days and nights. One day I got really sick of it and decided to take my sister out to lunch and tell her. It went over so smoothly. She couldn't have cared less and we ended up having a normal/lovely lunch. I told my dad. He made a joke about wishing he was bi so his dating pool could open up. It was so great. I told my mom - She loves and respects me just the same although we don't really ever talk about it. Which is fine. No need to make anyone feel uncomfortable. And finally I told my Facebook peeps. I got lots of likes and supportive comments. I only lost one person from my life after all was said and done. (I didn't know her very well. She is more my dads friend.. So no biggy.)

I am so grateful that I did it. Even if it did take me until I was 30 to do so.

I realize you never stop coming out. But that's fine with me. Why wouldn't I want the new people I meet in my life to know who I am? I am proud of me!

After the June 26th decision regarding the right for all lgbt+ people to get married I got a tattoo of the equal sign on my wrist. It was actually an early birthday present from my sister. A person whom I thought would have difficulty with my being bi. I was so wrong. Ha! Go figure!

I am "Out proud and livin loud" and loving everyday I get to be myself. (!)

It's never too late to come out. It's never too late to be yourself. What does have a time stamp is how long you get to be here and the amount of happiness you get to have while on this Earth. For me, coming out made me the happiest person. I am living life as the best version of myself yet. I believe a large part of that has to do with the fact that I am living a much more authentic life now. And not carrying around such a heavy secret has done wonders to my mental health.

I only wish every lgbt+ person could feel as overjoyed as I do now. If you're not there yet, you will be. And I hope when you are, you post your happiness here on EC so I can send you some love in the comments! (*hug*)

Happy, happy, happy!

Aubrey

2. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YAY! Happy Gayday Anniversary!!!

:music: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: :beer: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. bibeauty28

bibeauty28 Guest

:thumbsup: Thank you so much, MsEmma! Feels good! :thumbsup:

4. RJaye

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congratulations!

5. bibeauty28

bibeauty28 Guest

Thank you, RJaye!! I see you have just joined EC. Welcome! (*hug*) You will love it here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

6. gryf

Happy anniversary!

Your post is very inspiring and motivating. Thank you.

7. bibeauty28

bibeauty28 Guest

Thank you, gryf! I'm so glad you feel that way about my post. You are very very welcome. (*hug*)

8. ExistentialWolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congratulations! I just came out a couple weeks ago, so I'm riding high on that right now. Hope I'm as happy as you in a year! Happy anniversary!

9. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aubrey, that is such an awesome post!

I just came out a week and a half ago, to my bandmates and local friends. I feel so much better. Thanks for sharing - I have a feeling that my one-year look-back is going to be similar to yours.

You did great in coming out, and great in sharing!

10. kypso

Happy anniversary!!

11. bibeauty28

bibeauty28 Guest

Oh man, I remember riding that high. Enjoy it. Its the best feeling ever!!! Congratulations on coming out! I'm happy for you!!! (!) I know you will have a great one year anniversary! :eusa_danc Oh, and thank you! :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 29th May 2016 at 11:55 AM ----------

Thank you sooo much! Congrats on your coming out!!! I know how it feels to get that off your chest. Good for you! Your anniversary will be a happy day for sure. (*hug*)

---------- Post added 29th May 2016 at 11:57 AM ----------

Thank you kypso! I just wanna shout it from the rooftops lol (!) :eusa_danc :grin: