1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important Stuff Happening Today

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by afgirl, May 30, 2016.

1. afgirl

In just a few hours, I am going with my son to meet up with my girlfriend and heading back to his town (he attends college in a neighboring city) to do some shopping for his new job, have lunch, and then head over to a wildlife refuge to go hiking and enjoy nature. The last part will probably be just the two of us most likely, but I am super excited that my son has expressed an interest in meeting my girlfriend. We are even heading to lunch at the place where my son's girlfriend is working, so it's kind of like everyone will meet everyone.

My daughter is still not wanting anything to do with meeting my love, and I am not going to push it or anything, and hopefully she will come around at some point.

But....super excited for people I love to meet each other officially and spend some time. This is big, people. I am sooooo looking forward to today. :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

2. Morgana

Awesome! I hope it goes really well! One thing I'd suggest: I know you'll be a bit anxious, but let them get to know each other at their own pace. It can be hard sometimes when things seem to be going slow or getting off to a rocky start.

That said, you do have the right to expect that both you and your lady will be treated with at least common courtesy and respect.

Best wishes for a great day!

Morgana

3. afgirl

Thanks. I am so very excited about this. I think it will be fine, but it's still so big for me. I feel like I'm going to Disneyworld for the first time or something.:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

4. 1Tiny0wl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds super exciting, hope all goes well for you! :slight_smile: