1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to Enjoy the Destination?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by OnTheHighway, Jun 2, 2016.

1. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All of us here have been on our own individual journeys. There are a lot of twists and turns as we all look to fully embrace ourselves. While on the journey, much thought, reflection, contemplation, guidance, debate, doubts and accomplishments have occurred. Which has lead me to the question, have I arrived at my destination? Have I fully embraced myself and become comfortable with whom I am?

And with those question, I fell in my heart that I am a proud, content and confident gay man!

For whatever reason, I woke up today feeling as if I have reached my destination. Sure, there will be future challenges thrown my way. There will be times when I might doubt myself again, but I think I have developed the mindset and confidence to manage through any of those challenges, and do so with honesty and integrity towards myself; and as a result, towards others.

Onward and upward!

2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (!)

This is beautiful, wonderful and amazing to hear!!!! An inspiration too. I'm super happy that you feel so confident, happy and proud!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on having reached your destination. It's an amazing feeling to have taken the leap of faith and find oneself on the other side as a happy, proud, and content gay man.

For me life is the journey, so the journey ends when we pass and not when we reach a particular destination or milestone of acceptance. You and I should definitely enjoy our current destinations for sure. For me though the journey continues everyday within my current destination.

#3 SiennaFire, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am ready for the next life challenge and a new journey to embark on. I wonder what that will be :slight_smile:

5. CameOutSwinging

Love the positive attitude!

6. Teach1

Teach1 Guest

Congratulations! I am very happy for you! You are an inspiration!

7. bibeauty28

bibeauty28 Guest

In reading this I realize that I am not yet a proud bi woman. Well, at least not fully. Although I've come out to everyone in my life (thus far) I don't ever talk about women I am interested in, whether in real life on in the media, don't say I find a woman attractive if I see one walking down the street when I'm with a family member or friend; hell! I got a tattoo of an equal sign on my wrist after the June 26th decision and, when/if someone asks what it means to me sometimes I'm not even honest about it!

I was raised to be a rule following, people-pleaser and, for whatever reason, I can't find my way out of that roll; Being bi and the rule following, people-pleaser I am is in total conflict.

I am working everyday towards truly and unapologetically being myself and being happy with that. It's something I see in myself that I have wanted to change for a long time. And, although I have come a little ways, in reading this I realize that it's not in the forefront of my mind. It needs to be. In other words - I need to step up my game! lol I want to be where you are!

It's nice to know that people can get to that point of acceptance in themselves. You got there. I can't tell you how inspiring that is and how much hope that gives me.

Thank you for sharing this revelation with us. I couldn't be happier for you!!! :eusa_clap