1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To tell the woman I fell in love with, exactly how I felt...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by caliwoman, Jun 2, 2016.

1. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    ...would you or wouldn't you, if you were in the same situation? Or did you admit your feelings to your first trigger crush and if so, how did you feel after?

I fell in love with her last year and she's had my heart for a year and a half. She's had my heart since the day I met her. We're no longer on speaking terms, as it ended poorly. She text messaged me two weeks ago, after 8 months of her silence, but it wasn't to me, allegedly. It was an accident, I guess, or so she wants me to think.

That text brought all of my feelings back and I'm wondering if the final step in closure for me is to email her, admitting that my feelings were more than platonic or if that would just make me feel worse.

Did you ever tell your trigger crush how you felt? Did it provide any closure?

#1 caliwoman, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. marriedcd

Cali,
    My trigger crush was my life long best friend. I came out to him after he met me at his place as full on Danielle. We talked for over 4 hours. He is a psychologist so he was very accepting..happily a lot more than I thought he would be. It didn't bring closure in this case, it opened a new door for me, a real person in my life who knows me inside and out and is very supportive

3. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Yes, I did actually tell my trigger crush what I felt. She's now my girlfriend. But I almost didn't, I was so afraid of saying anything. So when she came into my store a second time I knew I had to say something, anything, I had never felt such a strong attraction to anyone like I did with her.

I was lucky that there was a spark between us, because when she came back a third time she gave me her number. The fifth time she came in she asked me to be her girlfriend.

I swooned, then it was the kiss that would permanently change my orientation.

It was like liquid fire, and fireworks, and everything I had heard from everyone else, but had never experienced.

I hope that I have at least a year and a half with her...

Hope this helps. (*hug*)

4. YeahpIdk

Always so jealous of stories like Rachyl -- which are few and far between.

I told my trigger crush how I felt in a letter. It didn't go well, for me. I had special circumstances, because my trigger crush was highly manipulative and playing games with me. If I remember correctly, yours has been a little obnoxious with flirting and talking, as well (if I'm wrong, forget that). Are you also married?

I think if you want to tell your crush how you felt/feel, you need to think hard about why you're wanting to do it. Is it truly for closure? Is it for hope that something will come out of it/they'll reciprocate those feelings? I went into it wrong. I was almost certain she was going to say she felt the same, or something close - but she said she didn't. That crushed me, and our whatevership slowly faded out. I couldn't take speaking to her, and she probably felt awkward speaking to me because I was clearly slightly infuriated with her/still wanted her. If it's truly for closure, and to lock up this part of your life and move on, then do it. I would say go into it expecting nothing in return.

5. kypso

Rachel what a lovely story :slight_smile:
    Somewhat jealous I admit :icon_wink

6. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Cali

I didn't tell my crush how I felt (not exactly a trigger crush as I already knew I liked women but enough to make me question everything) but I am married, she is in a long term relationship and we work together. I think it may have just made things super awkward.

If I didn't work with her I think I probably would have told her. Although she started flirting with me and I'm sure she did like me, I think she is happy with her gf, so I'm pretty sure my feelings aren't reciprocated.

Did you consider telling you at the time? How will you feel if she doesn't respond? Is she also in a relationship and is she 'out' at all? I'm sure it would feel good to get it off your chest and have it out in the open but it may not provide the closure you are looking for.

Good luck whatever you decide

7. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Well, I did it. And feel so awful.

Sent a letter to her on Monday, admitted I was in love with her, sexually attracted, and that on some nights I wanted her so bad it hurt. That's as graphic as I got, which is mundane for me. Also told her I had changed my number so she wouldn't accidentally text me again, as well as not giving her my regular email address because I wasn't asking for a response. Just closure.

On Tuesday, I rec'd an alert that she had marked my email as spam. Today, went on Facebook, just to see if she had posted anything about it and noticed that she changed her email address because I couldn't find her by it And disabled the ADD FRIEND button on Facebook. Ouch.

So, I feel like a glorified stalker now. Overstepped my bounds and offended her. She wants nothing to do with me & I feel miserable. All this coming from an emotionally unavailable woman who didn't treat me very well.

Still, I feel guilty, ashamed, and want to crawl in a hole and die. And if I freaked her out in anyway, I feel like crap. Even worse than getting rejected is this.

Ugh.

Spilled my guts to someone who wants to get away from me. She wants no contact. What was I thinking? We ended badly. I thought it wouldn't hurt, but this feels like agony.

#7 caliwoman, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  8. Really

What were you thinking? You were thinking that you were dealing with an adult who was equally open and honest as you were but what you got was someone who wasn't able to synthesize this new information with what she knew about you previously and simply shutdown. No mature discourse and no compassionate response. Just hiding away so as not to face you.

Don't feel awful. She's the one who should feel awful and someday she may but today, she didn't rise to the occasion. How many times in someone's life do you get anyone admitting such intense feelings for you? Even if she was never going to reciprocate the feelings, she didn't handle this at all well.

You put yourself out there and it didn't pan out but you win just for trying.

[This made me think of the tv show Banana, episode two. Have you seen it?]

#8 Really, Jun 9, 2016
  9. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you, Really.

For a while I sat huddled on the floor, just clasping my knees together, trying not to feel so freaking awful. I feel as if I disgusted and offended her. I did it for me, but obviously there was a reaction to it like "No way!"

I haven't seen that. I'll check it out. Thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot to me. I'm really hurting.

#9 caliwoman, Jun 9, 2016
  10. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's okay Calli, she doesn't deserve you anyway. I'm proud of though for having the guts to tell her. So proud. :slight_smile:

11. Really

You've done something not many people can bring themselves to do. No huddling required. You're the strong one. Please stand up and assume the Wonder Woman pose.

(A pose scientifically proven to make you feel better.)

12. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    OMG you guys are so sweet! It brings tears to my eyes. I really need that.

Thank you Cluster and Really!!

13. YeahpIdk

I'm almost shaking my head and laughing. ALMOST. Don't take that offensively. I just can't believe it (usually) always goes down like this. Do these people have a members only club they belong to where they discuss game plans to do this? It's like a, Team Bring the Gay Out, force.

First, this person is incredibly immature. Second, I wouldn't be surprised if they've got issues. My trigger didn't outright ignore me, but surprised rejection was almost just as bad. Either way, I can (now) only read this as a severe disconnect between cause and effect in the brain of a person like this; someone who acts interest and knows you're dipping into the romantic pool, even if you don't outright say it, but acts completely caught off guard when they're confronted with the feelings they helped to produce.

In this case, please believe it is not you, it's her. I promise, if this is how she is, you most likely dodged a bullet. If there's one thing that's great about people who act like this (severely emotionally constipated in the abnormal sense) when you call out what's going on, if they're insane and don't really care about you, but just love to provoke emotions for fun and for waste, they will scatter like cockroaches in the daylight when you bring it up. I know you're upset and you think you're the crazy one, but believe me, she's the crazy one.

It will take some time to come back from this, but you've got us here. I've truly, truly been there with this type of thing. So if you ever want to chat on my wall about it to vent, add me! :slight_smile:

Feel better!

14. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was lucky, my trigger turned out to not be a person I'd ever date, so I don't really like him anymore. We're buddies and I don't want it to go beyond that, cause he's kinda an asshole.

And Cali, I've grown quite fond of you as a member here, anything I can do to help(or just lift your spirits) just ask. :slight_smile:

15. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Omg yes!! She was my dental hygienist. She stared at my breasts on my first visit. She rubbed her scraper thingy tool right near my nipple multiple times!! I felt like I was getting molested. Like an out of body experience. It didn't feel like it was happening to me; almost like I was floating above me. This should have been a clue that something was amiss, but I was confused because it didn't feel good, but it didn't feel bad...it tingled. Still, I didn't like it. Thought it was wrong, but then I figured I imagined the entire thing cuz it was a woman.

We went to dinner for the first time and she ogled my breasts again. She was worse than a man!! She would stare at my breasts right as I stared at her. Then she said, half way through that first time of meeting, "You beat me." I was confused. I said, "Huh?" And she repeated "You beat me up top" and kinda pointed to her breasts. It made me uncomfortable. I placed my elbows on the table and covered them up, but she still stared.

Then I was confused because she made my uncomfortable, but I was still attracted to her.

It was very push and pull, hot and cold situation. Both of my therapists have alluded to what you said, invoking these feelings and then acting as if they did nothing. They've both called it a seduction and one of them did warn me, "if you ever call her out on it or mention the thing she did to your breasts, she's going to call you crazy and then run screaming in the opposite direction for all to hear. You're going to look like the bad guy. These kind of women love the attention, are very immature, and narcissistic."

Very accurate in your post!! Thank you for your support. And yes to the issues on her part. Everyone around me warned me and I had alarm bells going off in my head, but I proceeded and rationalized anyway.

---------- Post added 9th Jun 2016 at 08:53 PM ----------

Awwww Cluster, I enjoy your online virtual company as well.

Okay, could you please wrangle me up a woman. I'm really crushing on Jennifer Lawrence right now, lol!! :lol:

#15 caliwoman, Jun 9, 2016
  16. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like you THAT much...unless you don't mind my sloppy seconds, cause let's be real, if I knew JLaw.....:lol:

17. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    :grin: :kiss:

18. Sunny68

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Cali,
    I'm so sorry I haven't been here to help and so sorry for what she's done to you. Please let me say that SHE is the one who's truly lost. YOU are an amazing woman who poured her heart out and then got left empty...there should be some kind of law against heartbreak, heaven knows I've seen my fair share. I hope you can now move on to bigger and better things. My closure is still so wishy washy and I still don't know how it's all going end up with her but I'm still not letting go...I'm holding it together. I hope you feel better love, here if you wanna chat. All the best

19. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks Sunny! So sorry to hear about your frustration. I'll post on ur wall.

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2016 at 12:11 AM ----------

I honestly think it would have been much easier to me move on if I was attracted to women like I am to men. But that isn't how it works for me. I need to have that emotional connection to a woman first.