1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy/pride triggers

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Jun 3, 2016.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys, I have no idea why, but ever since my trip to my hometown, something about the song My House by Flo Rida gets me so excited, I can only guess that it was playing in the background at one of the gay pubs/clubs I went to when I was feeling particularly free, particularly queer and particularly happy. It makes me feel so gay and happy.

Does anyone else have a trigger song like this???

2. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Stay with me by Sam smith. I've never been a fan of Sam smith but at our last school dance my crush asked me to dance during that song. It wasn't like dancing with other people (the awkward stiffness and small talk), we were laughing and spinning and tripping over each others feet. I felt so happy and finally understood my feelings towards girls. At one point she spun me ballroom style and at that moment I thought 'yup, I'm gay.' It made me super happy and now whenever I hear that song I think back to that night.

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw, that's so sweet!!!

4. Embi

Embi Guest

Angels by Robbie Williams. It always makes me happy and proud to be myself because my father told me it was the first song on the radio he listened to the day I was born. It immediately made him think of me as his little angel. It's kinda my song, I guess. So it will always, always make me feel better about myself, no matter how bad I feel. Besides it's a beautiful song :slight_smile:

5. Flatulentius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For some reason, the Scissor Sisters' Any Which Way makes me particularly aware of my gayness (in the most fabulous sort of way, mind you). Curiously, it's that song, and not their Let's Have a Kiki, which would be a more logical song to cause such feelings. Oh well, it is what it is, and I enjoy it regardless. :icon_bigg

6. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Embi - that's such a sweet story, and so meaningful! I love that you have your own theme song for you. :slight_smile:

Flatulentius - The Scissor Sisters rule!! It's been ages since I listened to their stuff, but I can imagine alot of their songs would make me feel pretty damn gay. <rushes off to spotify to add some new music>