1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I felt normal this week

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Katchoo, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This week, especially since Tuesday, I have started feeling like a normal person again. I finally got some work done, which really hasn't happened for like 2 weeks. I'm glad I had 3 days of regular life. I was starting to doubt my capacity to have "normal" days.

I kind of want now to stop the world and process my stuff again. So ready for the introverted weekend. Also, I'm nervous about a session tomorrow with the parents of my recently out to family teen client. I'm nervous they are going to say like all the same things my mom says. Another therapist who works with that family will also be there, so she will help if anything gets weird.

Why the *$&% does it sound like someone is dumping broken concrete slabs in the gianormous, city-owned dumpster next to my house at 5:45am?

Ok. I gotta try to do the things on the to do list. It will be ok. I can do it.

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's easier to do when you don't spend all your time thinking of sexuality, gender, or whatever else makes you a minority. :slight_smile:

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone