1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More for humor: possible coming out

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by YeahpIdk, Jun 4, 2016.

1. YeahpIdk

A family member of mine is about to go on a long drive, over 9 hours, starting at midnight and not on much sleep. I'm worried about him and let him know that he can call me to stay alert on his travels, and he said he pribably will. I'm trying to think of things I can say to keep him awake, and it occurred to me that I could tell him I like girls. That would keep him awake, super awake! And get one more person out of the way. It's amusing me, maybe more than it should.

Anyone have any funny coming out stories or funny ideas of ways to come out for others?

2. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Teehee. That seems so potentially awesome.

3. kypso

What a great idea! I did that to take my friend's mind off cancer. I'm here to tell you it worked

4. GayPugs

That's a great idea! ^^ When I came out to my parents, I played a game where they had to guess my crush and finally I just told them it was a girl. lol

5. YeahpIdk

Yeah, I totally chickened out. I might do it on his way home, though. Another YouTuber I followed just came out today. I had feelings she was gay, so the confirmation was lovely, haha. However, it made me feel a little braver to come out! I might start to do it slowly. I keep feeling like I should wait until I'm dating a girl and know I'm 100% into that, but I'm not sure what more evidence I need. Really. And even if I do date a guy someday, I think I may just put it out there that, "hey, I may potentially date girls so don't be surprised. Okay, bye!"

I'm thinking of just simply stating an, "I'm not straight," without using any label. And maybe just say that I really like women, that seems like what I'm more interested in now-a-days, so just wanted to tell you so you don't wonder why I may be dating a girl. I'm not sure yet, because sometimes I'm not sure it's important to tell anyone. I guess just important people...rambling now...

That is so funny and kind! Haha.

This is so funny. I'd love to know how they reacted.

6. Elam

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I haven't come out to anyone as Trans yet, but I do have an idea for how to come out. I was just planning on getting a balloon, like the one someone gets you when you have a child, saying "It's a boy!" They probably suspect something already, every time something related to transgender people appears in the news they show the article to me, so they'll understand what I mean. xP

7. cataylor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to some of my friends by sending a text and saying something like.."yeah, last night was great. He's a great guy and we are going out again this week!" Then I immediately followed that with a second text saying..."Crap! Driving and scrolling and hit the wrong name. Sorry." Certainly opened up the lines of communication and caused more than a few funny responses.

8. YeahpIdk

LOL. It would be funny if they weren't suspecting it and you did that, and they thought you were pregnant! :lol:

Hahaha. Maybe I should do that to some family members.

"Omg did you see that pic of Ruby Rose. I swear. If I was dating someone like her I'd just come out because who wouldn't be gay if they got to be with her?"

"Um. Wrong number."

That would be pretty hilarious.

9. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was actually thinking about just waiting until I actually start dating a guy(looking like I might be soon anyway!), then when everyone asks how my date went, "Oh it was nice. He's really great, and totally cute....now if only I could get Jennifer Larence or Kate Hudson in bed with us, it'd be awesome!" All nonchalantly, then wait...

Okay, maybe I'll leave out the J-Law and K-Hud part....

10. YeahpIdk

Edit for cluster:

"Oh it was nice. He's really great, and totally cute....now if only I could get Jennifer Larence or Kate Hudson in bed with us, it'd be awesome! LOL, JUST KIDDING, he'd get jealous..."

:wink: hahahahahaha

11. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you've just told me what to say to come out to my family! :roflmao:

(Is it bad that I'm actually seriously considering this?)

12. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I can't think of anything funny after you guys mentioned Jennifer Lawrence...soooo yummy.

Seriously, I text messaged my mom the other day and told her I was in love with JLaw; she didn't respond. How is she gonna feel after I leave my husband, get my own place, and my girlfriend is there? Lol

[​IMG]

13. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And here ex Nicholas Hoult? Yummy!(Why'd she ever leave this?)
    [​IMG]

14. YeahpIdk

Please use it! Hahaha.

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2016 at 06:26 PM ----------

I'm more of a Ruby Rose chick myself.
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2016 at 06:27 PM ----------

Like damn, come to mama:slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::wink:

15. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I might! Unless I continue being all inspired and do it before we even go out! :lol:

Oh yeah, Ruby Rose is definitely hot. Though we have pretty much the same haircut.....lol

#15 BrookeVL, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  16. YeahpIdk

I feel ya. There is something about this tragedy that makes me want to come out right now to everyone. Solidarity, smister (sisters & misters together. and non-smisters).

17. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Smisters, I love it! I'm kinda starting to hate gender, cause why is it REALLY a thing? You're you.

And YES, I want to scream it from the rooftops suddenly for all to hear!

#17 BrookeVL, Jun 12, 2016
  18. YeahpIdk

I agree! Gender has felt so binding and senseless to me lately. It's the same with sexuality. Heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality -- why? We just like to have sex, and sometimes (most of the time for some :wink:) we like to have sex with people, and it's just nice that we get to do that because sex is a little weird if you reeeally think about it. So who cares who it's with? Sometimes it can be with a guy a girl, a psycho...whatever you're into!!

Btw, I feel like our taste in beautiful people is a little meshed. Look at your handsome dude and my handsome dude. They're beautiful :slight_smile:

...I like mine more, though.

#18 YeahpIdk, Jun 12, 2016
  19. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For real! Skirts look comfortable in summer, why can't men wear them? I'm also jealous of the different footwear options ladies have, particularly sandals. So many good looking ones, and all guys manage to get are flip flops or clunky looking dad sandals. And Jesus sandals for the truly adventurous!

You ladies also get the edge in formal wear. Dressing up isn't so bad when you get to wear a sleeveless dress that hits above the knee and open toed sandals. Talk to me when you get to wear a jacket over two shirts, long pants, and stuffy leather shoes, then have to wear a silly useless piece of cloth around your neck when it's 100 degrees out!

Same with sexuality. I agree. Mine basically boils down to "you're cute, and you have genitals. Let's put ours together for a while!":lol:

Our men are so beautiful! Too bad neither of them would be into me....:icon_sad:

#19 BrookeVL, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  20. bibeauty28

bibeauty28 Guest

I was so inspired by Caitlyn Jenners coming out that I told all my family/friends I am bi practically in the same week! Right after her interview with Diane Sawyer. I thought as I watched it with my mom - If Caitlyn can go though her whole ordeal in the public eye with literally EVERYONE watching then whats me coming out as bi to a few friends and fam? Comparatively - a big piece of cake, right!? Btw, it totally way. :thumbsup:

I may not agree with Caitlyn Jenner on every issue but I will always feel a special connection to her and have her to thank for my coming out. :slight_smile:

Moral of this story - inspiration is a powerful thing!

#20 bibeauty28, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016