1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something just doesn't feel right anymore...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by kypso, Jun 9, 2016.

1. kypso

I'm struggling today.
    I'm in a straight marriage and my husband is a lovely chap.

I managed to convince myself I was straight. I had no idea that humans were able to convince themselves of something so fully that they actually believe it for years.
    I have always fancied women and had intense crushes but always I think justified it as admiration. I came out as bisexual to my husband (and now probably about 10 friends know) about a year ago. I still believe this to be true to a certain extent as I still fancy men but I think now I have admitted this to myself I actually believe I am far more attracted to women.

I love my husband but today I feel more than ever that I am with someone of the 'wrong' gender. Something just doesn't feel right.

My husband is actually pansexual somewhat apparently also which he told me recently and has a much higher sex drive than me so we have recently been discussing the possibility of an open marriage. I'm just not sure this is what I want. I don't know what I want!
    This is so hard!

Thanks for listening

2. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Kypso

Sorry you are continuing to have a rough time with this. It sounds like both you and your husband have some similar sexuality issues going on.

Have you thought about maybe not making this such a serious thing? I think some of us look at a diagnosis of gay, bisexual, pansexual or whatever almost as if it is an illness rather than an understanding.

Can you get some humor in this with your husband? Since I was a kid my parents taught me to look at absurdity and humor in everything and try not to take myself too seriously. Maybe step outside yourselves and say "really?...this now?...what a joke" and then figure out how to make it part of your lives rather than look at it as a loss.

3. kypso

Hi Nickw,
    Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:
    Yes we often have fun with it and are very open with it and joke about.
    I think if I am honest, I am more gay than I am letting on but coming to terms with this new information. I felt so free coming out but now I feel I haven't been true to myself again...

4. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being true to yourself means that you accept new information about yourself too.

Wouldn't life be boring if we couldn't look at ourselves once in a while and say "I didn't know that about myself...oh well".

Your sexuality could be fluid too. I know mine is.

Continue to have fun with your husband...that's really cool!

5. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you feel the *wrong* about you relationship with your husband is sexual, romantic, in the day to day stuff, or some combination?

6. Bluesteel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry it's such a struggle. I know the feeling all too well. Sexuality really is a fluid thing I convinced myself for years I was straight and then in my early 20's I managed to accept myself as bi sexual. But after being married for years and the lack of intimacy in my marriage (my wife says she's asexual) I found myself leaning far more towards the gay end of the spectrum. I plan on coming out to her this weekend which has been a massive struggle for me to get to this point. But ultimately I had to realize I need to be true to myself and be happy. In order to bring happiness to others, because lately I've been a miserable person to be around and I feel I'm pushing my family away one way or another. I hope things get better for you and you are able to figure things out. We are all hear for you.(*hug*)(*hug*)

7. kypso

Thanks folks :slight_smile:
    Hope it goes well for you this weekend Bluesteel.
    Kachoo - I think it is sexually. He is a lovely person and love spending time with him. I think mostly I am craving actually being with a woman
    *Confused*.....again....