1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told him in clear terms...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by bi2me, Jun 10, 2016.

1. bi2me

FYI - before you read this, there is graphic sex information here. If you don't want to know this stuff or shouldn't be reading it, DON'T!!

A week or so ago, I found a sex personality quiz (google sex museum new york city - it's on their website). So last night, my husband and I took it on our respective ipads and compared answers. It was kind of just silly, but seemed pretty true. Showed that I'm way in my head and cerebral about things and like more variety than he does, but that I'm risk averse. Anyone who knows me, knows that is totally me. His was pretty much in the middle on all accounts - also seemed like him... he's very even keeled.

Afterwards (while drinking delicious manhattans he made for us - with extra cherries, because, why not?), I asked him if there was anything he wanted to do in bed that we'd never tried or hadn't done recently. He said there wasn't (and I said we need more books, then for more ideas), and asked me the same thing. OK, so I set him up a bit, but still.

So I told him that I liked when he tied me up (which we've only done a couple of times), and that I wanted to have sex with a woman. He thought for a moment, and asked if I wanted it with him, without him, or with him watching. I copped out at that point and said I wasn't really sure what I wanted (which I guess I'm not really SURE), but that I would want to try to be respectful of what he would be comfortable with more importantly than just what I want.

So... progress was made! He definitely knows it's a goal of mine, without me walking around the issue, talking in fantasy, or pretending I might not really need that in my life.

YAY! No idea where this will lead... he's taken my son overnight to play at an amusement park and ride rides, so we probably won't get to talk much until at least Sunday.

2. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Oh wow, well, you sound happy so certainly a step in the right direction!! You go!! LOL

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is awesome!!! Very honest! I hope this can help you lead to more talks.

4. CameOutSwinging

Progress for sure!

Side note, don't ever bother going to the actual Museum of Sex in NYC. It's overpriced, really small, and kind of lame.

5. faustian1

That sounds really encouraging. Both of you seem to have open minds.

I'm sure it was the Manhattans. :lol: Back before I quit drinking long ago, I loved Manhattans. Always had them on special occasions, because they were my mom's (who is now passed away) favorite drink.

No doubt, the extra cherries didn't hurt, either.

6. bi2me

We only had one drink, so I'm pretty sure they didn't have a major impact, but I do enjoy them. :slight_smile:

7. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations! Sounds like a great guy and has an open mind and cares about you! Keep on him about it. My wife likes to sometimes consider it as only "play talk" right now I think. I think it is important to stress how important it really is to you. They are our desires, not our spouses. So, no matter how giving they may be, it isn't necessarily front burner on their minds!

8. bi2me

This is so true. The play talk can keep it in mind, but without actually voicing it as a desire/need, it isn't probably going to go anywhere.

9. kypso

Sounds great, one step forward! I remember a moment like this, felt like a mini success. Good for you bi2me :slight_smile: