1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How in the hell do you get over someone, when you have no one to get over them with?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by caliwoman, Jun 14, 2016.

1. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Developed very strong feelings for a woman last year. It's been a while, got triggered again in mid-to-late May and am now back on the road to complete healing.

These feelings have been a big blow to my marriage. Mainly, I can't wait to get over her (and she wasn't very good to me, even manipulative)...the hang-up I now face is that I have no one to move on to.

Ya know when your moving on from a heartbreak (in love) and you start to move-on and heal, part of that process is meeting new people and the hope and promise of something new. Maybe mild flirting, taken from there; hope that there is something else out there for you. Well, I don't have that. I only have my husband. And he's said that if I even speak to a woman in a more than friendly way, to gauge if this is something I really want, that he wants a divorce.

So no new potential. No new hope. No new promise. Only the memories of her, which quite frankly, are waning and I absolutely cannot wait to get rid of.

Any suggestions? I feel stuck in this rut!

I find myself watching Youtube videos of feminine women kissing and it takes my breath away. Ugh...well, thanks for listening. :smilewave

2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: How in the hell do you get over someone, when you have no one to get over them wi

Can you focus on friendship with gay and bi women for a bit, and perhaps work on slowly encouraging your husband to open up to you meeting women romantically?

I'm sorry, I know you're hurting. Big hugs to you.

3. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Re: How in the hell do you get over someone, when you have no one to get over them wi

Hi Barista. I could try this. I feel like I have to pull the reigns back on my desire overall, because I really wanna get over her and then I really want to experience a woman. My emotions/feelings are all over the damn place, LOL.

I've mentioned to him that I'll be finding new female friends, just so he can get acclimated to the idea, but he's constantly scanning me for signs that I might cheat. If I try and say a woman is pretty, he tells me that I'm weird and rolls his eyes. He avoids it at all costs.

#3 caliwoman, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016