1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need something...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Jun 16, 2016.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This horrible stuff on Orlando, it's brought so many emotions up for me.

I feel like the world just keeps moving, there's so much noise about bullshit, but not enough about whst really matters.

I want to be with others who understand, who feel like I do.

I just don't feel like I can focus on the everyday bs.

I'm feeling a lot of emotions, it's brought up some personal demons, and making me want to kick those demons in the face.

I have to run now, but I just needed to get a little emotion out...

2. Morgana

Kicking your demons in the face is not necessarily a bad thing as long as they're not real people, and you're only doing it metaphorically. Otherwise, the cops come, neighbors talk, it's awkward.

I'm right with you on the emotional response about this. I've had a hell of a time focusing on work this week (hell, I'm here instead of working in the middle of the day), and my concentration is shot.

I want to be with others too, so I've got plans to go out and do some demon kicking of my own this weekend. My wife and I are going to get pretty and go out together. To hell with the haters, dammit.

If you were local, I'd invite you along. Hell, consider yourself invited anyway, even if it's a virtual invitation.

Lots of hugs, hon... lots and lots

Morgana