1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My proud moment

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RosePetals76, Jun 18, 2016.

1. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, today I took my kids to a pride parade. All 6 of them (3 bio, 3 foster)! I'm positive that everyone viewed me a straight woman just entertaining my kids, but I felt like I belonged there and it made me so happy.

My proud moment, though.... I originally had the idea of taking my kids with because I want to normalize the idea of same sex couples and make sure that the first time I bring a woman home isn't the first time they see two women together. (Yes, I am out to them.)

Well, we were sitting there and toward the end of the parade my 6 year old says to me, "Mom, isn't this a gay pride parade?" Yes, it is. "Where are the gay people?" To me it was obvious, we were surrounded by couples. Women wrapped in other women's arms and gay men holding hands everywhere. I guess he doesn't even notice it as being different.
    "I'm right here next to you, silly."

Goal accomplished!

2. yuanzi

Good for you!
    Btw your 6 year old is a lot wiser than most people around me :slight_smile:

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's so cool~! ^.^

4. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome!!! Good for you!!

5. bibeauty28

bibeauty28 Guest

Congrats on having a great kid(s)! I am glad you all went to pride and had a good time! I hope I get to a pride parade one day! I know it would be a day I would never forget. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: