1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Later in Life: Physically Close but not Sexually Intimate

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Cocolo, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Cocolo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ya'll probably think I went off of the deep end, but in a perfect world if I actually wanted a relationship this is what I would want... to have one of those too close to be friends but not really kind of things...where we hold hands and are physically close... kissing and snuggling... hugging and holding each other but no sex.

Anyone else or am I the only weirdo :slight_smile: (I mean 'weirdo' in the most fun, lighthearted way possible)

2. Tomás1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why no sex?

3. FoxSong

Eh, that sounds more like a recipe for sexually frustrated. (And yes, I may have some first hand experience with this :wink:)

4. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps you are asexual and just want to do romantic things? Nothing wrong with that if that is what it is, and there are plenty more like you out there either way. :slight_smile:

For me, personally, that kind of relationship would not work at all for the reason FoxSong mentioned.

5. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would want sex. But we each have our own preferences. The key is to communicate and make sure both partners needs are met.

6. YeahpIdk

This reminds me of what my trigger did to me. Let's act like we're friends, but also let me torture you by wrapping you in a straight jacket of sexual tension! Uh, yeah. Didn't end well.

Do you mind if I ask what this would do for you and why it's something that excites you?? Understanding this logic might set me free, lol.

Do you think you're asexual?

7. FoxSong

The other problem I foresee with this sort of set-up is that if you are still technically 'just friends' OP, you're going to get your feelings hurt when that other person decides to actually sleep with someone. Now I'm not saying it's an impossible scenario. Maybe you could find someone who wants the same and maybe the physical aspects would develop in time even, but it certainly wouldn't be a good idea with someone who would be into a deeper intimate relationship.