1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it feel natural to anyone else?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by HappyGirlLucky, Jun 22, 2016.

1. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have always felt that it was completely natural that women like women. I always thought things like "well yes, of course every woman would be with a woman if given the chance, but most have to settle for men." and I always felt sad for women when they "ended up" with men, especially some of my friends who I figured would totally deserve a woman who would treat them right instead. :lol:

It felt so natural that it did not even occur to me that most people don't feel this way, so it did not register that this meant that I was gay. I thought everyone just had to find a male friend they would be OK with being around all the time, and if you could do that and notice when a man is good looking then you were straight. I still have trouble wrapping my head around the idea that most women are not even a little interested in other women. I will flirt with them anyway, I am convinced they are just confused! (Just kidding... Maybe...)

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that my mom swore off men when I was a kid and has always been homophobic, so I thought she too just wanted a woman but it wasn't acceptable and that was that. Who knows, maybe that is why she is so homophobic even though she is otherwise open-minded... :rolle:

2. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, this is one of the lines of logic I used to keep myself in the closet to myself. "Women are the more beautiful sex. Of course everyone likes them. And even straight women don't really like D. Those things are just weird." Haha. Thats only true to a certain extent.......

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me too Katchoo! I wa going to post this same thing.

4. YeahpIdk

Lol, I feel like these are thoughts to things I used to feel. Not understanding why my super pretty girl friends would date jerks. Feeling like, at the right opportunity, sleeping with a woman wouldn't be an issue at all. I really used to identify with the old meme that used to go around, "even spaghetti is straight until it gets hot." I remember seeing that floating around the net and giving a big laugh because I totally identified. Yup! I'm straight, but when I'm hot, all bets are off!! Everyone's like that - hahaha **eye roll**. Being super intrigued with women's bodies and convicting myself that I wasn't turned on, I just wanted that body.

In my coming out process, which is only going on two years now, I wondered if I picked friends off of attraction. I've always ran with a pretty gang. Not purposely, but I've always been a bit of the odd one out. They're always model hot and the one the guy goes for first and I could barely stand to put make up on while looking at the guys they got attention from with five heads. That's kind of embarrassing to even admit, but I've thought about it!!

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You all know, this applies to gay guys as well! Yes, very natural indeed. Both the emotional connection and physical intimacy :slight_smile:

6. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did as a kid, until I learned that dedicating love songs to my best female friend was socially unacceptable and led to painful feelings of shame. I learned to hide it from then on, from myself first in order to hide it from others. Can't keep a lie like that going unless you believe in it yourself.

7. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, most definitely, romantic comedies and dramas can be so weird to watch as I feel uncomfortable trying to see the appeal of the man to the woman, it seems like something so unnatural and I always feel the girl's best friends would make a much nice partner. This is made even more confusing when there is a rivalry about a guy. Seriously, just go off together and live a happy life instead of fighting over some random guy who might be very sweet but still... :lol:

8. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha! This is exactly what I was thinking! :lol:

Ouch! You learned it the hard way. :frowning2:

Very much this. The guys can just go do their own thing together! (Isn't that right, OnTheHighWay? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Even worse than this is sex scenes in movies, I have always found them super uncomfortable. It was only after I started watching The L Word that I finally understood why straight people think they are so fun. :lol:

9. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a great thread. :icon_bigg I completely get this! The amount of times that I've thought 'what is she doing with him?'.

This too. I had a friend who was quite open about the fact she'd be willing to have sex with another women for the right amount of money. I never voiced my opinion, but couldn't understand why she'd need money to do it.