1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling less confused (for now)

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by LostInDaydreams, Jun 24, 2016.

1. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some weeks ago, I came to conclusion that the type of woman I find I attractive exhibits both masculine and feminine qualities. I'm speaking broadly, but in general I like feminine facial features and masculine personality traits. The idea of a very feminine or very butch woman doesn't appeal to me. Not sure if I've explained that very well, but I know what I mean. Preferably they'd also be older than me.

Unconsciously, I've applied this same criteria to men. My current partner isn't overly masculine, and at a time when we nearly split up, I can remember thinking that I'd struggle to find another man that I could be as comfortable with because the idea of a very masculine man didn't appeal to me.

I think that I find women significantly more sexually attractive than men, and I can also now see where I might have gotten confused. I don't know if this make any sense, but I feel like things make a bit more sense to me.

I'm not comfortable enough to give myself a label yet, but I'm happy, smiling, and less confused (for now, at least).

2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great NotMyName! You're learning and understanding new things about yourself. That's a good feeling to gain a little clarity.

3. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I resonate with that a lot. :slight_smile: It's cool to get to know more what you like. One of my friends encouraged me to make a pinterest board about people Ilike. :slight_smile: I used the secret / hidden board setting, and it's so great. Kind of good to figure out what we like. :slight_smile:

4. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's great you are feeling less confused and learning about what you like!

I'm quite into feminine girls but sometimes a little more masculine too, like cute Tomboys :slight_smile: The idea of being with a very masculine guy doesn't really appeal to me either, I seem to go for quite geeky guys!

5. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for your replies. I'd never thought of pinterest, but then I don't use it (or most other forms of social media). :icon_bigg

I was really keen to post this thread last night, now part of me wants to take it down, change my profile to 'straight', and never come back. I'm not going to do that, and I stand by what I said, but I just feel a bit exposed. That probably sounds strange.