1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd class citizen

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Justasking100, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Justasking100

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I find myself out and about knowing that I'm gay but feeling like a second class citizen. How do I get comfortable enough about myself that I am able to feel as worthy as any other human being? I feel inferior to other or people I see walking around and that I'm lesser of a person that everyone else.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Switch things around a little: I'm gay, so I'm fabulous! and lucky! and amazing! and so damned interesting! and thank heavens, anything but normal!

You're gay, that's like winning the lottery! :grin:

3. Silly Moon

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well in some ways we are treated as less valid than our straight counterparts, heterosexuality is seen as the norm, so it's not entirely in your head.
    I guess try to look at the benefits, you have a special community just for you. I see this as a huge benefit, and with other gay people you have a starting point for getting to know each other. A place you can go just to be and hang out and it's not as weird as regular social events with strangers. Idk I guess being part of a community, even if I'm not super active within it, makes me feel less alone.