1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad about not going to NYC Pride

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by YeahpIdk, Jun 26, 2016.

1. YeahpIdk

Wow, feeling so many feelings today!

This is the third official Pride that I feel like I'm missing out on. The first time, which was while I was in love with my trigger, was a missed opportunity because I was afraid of what everything meant back then. She was going, and going with someone she was crushing on at the time. She didn't ask me to come along, for some reason, I was only good for hanging out with solo - which I assumed was for romantic purposes at the time because she was so damn sexual. I didn't express a want to go, and I didn't know what it would mean for me. I was still such a baby gay back then -- just born and scared of what my feelings meant. Even if she would have asked, I knew I was going to decline because I wouldn't want to be in a place with her crush at the same time, where I was the friend and would have to witness all of the stares and whatever. That crush was so not into her, ever. It boggles my mind because my trigger was perfect in my eyes, but maybe her crush was just smart and knew better.

Last year I missed Pride because I was still hiding a bit, and was entrenched in my career, so weekends were something I soaked up like a sponge. Also, working in the city, I knew what it was like to be out there on a hot summer day. I didn't want to waste a sweat free, relaxing Sunday on it.

Now it's today. NYC Pride, and I can't go because I'm still not 100% well. I've been healing (hopefully) from a mystery chronic illness that ruined my life for over a year. Now that I'm feeling a bit better, I can't complain about it too much, but I'm still not well enough to go out and fully enjoy myself with no hesitation -- lordy, lord I miss those days. They are so taken for granted! Anyway, now I just feel sad. Like this is a year I really would have gone, because I'm comfortable with who I am and how I identify.

Also all the missed hot new gf opportunities...

I wish I was fully well again!! I just keep imagining that when I am 100% well again, or at least really close to it, everything will be so much sweeter.

Ho hum...

2. Icecold3710

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi. I am sorry to hear about all your missed opportunities attending to pride parade. Health is more important and there's always next year :slight_smile:. Hope i can attend this July 3rd Pride Parade it will be my 1st.

3. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came on to post about how sad I was to miss Chicago's pride today. My friend ditched me because she didn't like the weather forecast. Then, my other friend that was going canceled because her husband was sick. So, I invited the woman that I've started dating, and she was busy. I highly considered going alone, but just am not confident in myself for that. Especially in a big city almost 3 hours away. *sigh* Maybe next year. At least my city has a Pride fest in September. I will definitely go to that. On my own or with someone.

4. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The moment you are better, go and don't hesitate.
    Never been to one but surely should be exciting!
    Glad you are recovering and hope you feel even better(*hug*)

5. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you are missing Pride and that you're feeling sad about it. I also hope that you get well soon. I hope that you figure out what this mystery illness is and how to deal with it. (*hug*)

#5 baristajedi, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  6. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Promise me you will go next year? :slight_smile:

The days with so many feelings are hard, I have those too.

7. YeahpIdk

Hoping next year is much, much different than this one! In only the best of ways!! :slight_smile:

That stinks that everyone quit last minute - sometimes I think when that happens, it's for a reason! I wonder what Chicago Pride is like. NYC Pride looked crazier than ever. I only saw it from some friends posting and there being a story feed on Snapchat. There was a memorial (seems like many, actually) for Orlando. One was so chilling. The people dressed up all in white with white veils on with a picture of the person they were memorializing. It looked really chilling and emotional.

At least you will be going to another one soon. Report back on it!

(*hug*) Thank you, Orchidea(*hug*) It has been a tough road, but I am feeling a lot better than what I was :slight_smile:. It's still mildly bad, though. Or not bad, but annoying. Annoying is way better than bad! Hoping to be all healed up in a few months and back to normal!!

(*hug*)(*hug*) Thank you so much, Barista. <3

I promise if I'm good I will be going! :slight_smile: