1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I have been feeling lately! (encouragement)

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by CameronMR, Jul 8, 2016.

1. CameronMR

I came out to my male partner last september. Since then I have worked toward feeling comfortable with my identity, for example, saying out loud to people! That was(one of) the hardest part, just vocalizing "I am a lesbian" I have had a couple flings, and am now starting to date a gorgeous girl who is only recently out herself. I have started the support group for others like me/us, and I have had an active part in our local pride society.

Since coming out, things have been hard, and often uncomfortable but now that things are starting to even out or regulate themselves, I really feel fullfilled, and happy! Truely happy! This is completely new to me and I am so happy I came out, I am so happy I survived through the darkness of dealing with my then-boyfriend, and the best part is, he is dating too!

On top of that, my happiness is showing in all areas of my life, and I got the job I have been working towards for the last 3 years! I totally rocked my interview!

The point of this post is a message for those of you going through the emotional turmoil of coming out. It may take months, but it does get better! You will feel the happiness I do, just remain true to yourself and who you are! Do NOT take on other peoples emotions, you only have enough time for your own. Your ex/friends/family can handle thier own emotions and in time they will come around. If not, you dont need that negativity because you are FABULOUS just the way you are,being WHO YOU ARE!
    :icon_bigg:kiss:

#1 CameronMR, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. Justasking100

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This is really good to read. Sounds as if you've gone thru the hard times and have come out the other side. I hope I can do that too. It's great to read a positive story.

3. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Congrats! That is awesome! And inspiring to me, as well.

4. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cameron, that is great! I'm glad you are so happy. It's true that things get easier and feel better.

5. bi2me

(*hug*)(!)

6. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cameron, I'm so happy for you!!!! Thanks so much for posting this!!

7. CameronMR

The only way I can explain how i feel now is joy.
    No more longing. No more looking at lesbian couples with a rock in my chest. No more wanting what I'll never have. I didn't realize it was such s constant longing for women until i came out and enough time has passed that i realized that longing feeling wasn't there anymore. That has been replaced with joy and excitement at what i will have! Or do have.... I met a gorgeous girl.... I'm excited to see where this goes!!

I suddenly love life! What's more, is my ex has a girlfriend now too!!

#7 CameronMR, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016