1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here, how do I tell dates I'm inexperienced

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Lucy1982, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Lucy1982

So I've realized, like many of us, that I am not straight. I'm most definitely not out but am trying to make friends and casually date. I do not want a relationship, just to explore being with women as I've been with men up until this point. I've been on dates, but am ready to move to the physical part.

I'm worried about those women who prefer not to be with those of us who have recently discovered our sexualities. I know lesbians who have been out for a while in many cases don't want to get involved with someone so inexperienced who might just be "experimenting". I am not experimenting, I'm exclusively interested in women. I also want to be really honest with dates (i.e. not end up in bed with them under the assumption that I've had sex with women before). What do I say to communicate that I'm inexperienced? Do I need to also communicate that I'm serious about this lifestyle not just experimenting and ready to go back to being with men?

2. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just be honest. Many women will ask. I'm already at a point that I ask potential dates. I will still date a woman that hasn't been with one, but I approach more cautiously, and stay a little more guarded. Remember that there are other women your age still coming out, and some that were with their firsts for many years, so aren't very experienced as well. You're not the only one. I'm honest with those that I talk to, and only 1 has been bothered by it when I explain that I am fully lesbian and not interested in going back to men at all. Even she dated me for a while, but she had trouble opening up.