1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by MoMo42, Jul 14, 2016.

1. MoMo42

I'm not even sure if this is the right place for this post but here goes!

I am a female married to a man. I have always thought of myself as bi until recently. As I am getting older I am feeling like I am definitely a lesbian. The man I married was my best friend for 8 years before we got together and got married. We have two lovely boys together and he and I have known each other 15 years. He thinks I am bi because that's what I always thought. I definitely love him! I don't know what to do now. Do I tell him? I don't want to leave him. Do I keep this to myself?

2. Really

Hi MoMo42, Welcome to EC. This is the right place.

There are many, many people here in the same situation as you (not me, though) and I'm sure they will be along soon.

Have you got an LGBT resource centre in your area? There are tons of stories here so I'm sure you'll find some helpful advice.

3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi MoMo42,

Welcome to EC.

I can't really give you any advice as our situations are quite different. Have you been reading through older threads on EC? There's lots of great advice out there.

4. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice to meet you, MoMo. I can't say whether you should tell him or leave him, but I will tell you you're not the only one that married a man and have a couple boys, only to realize you're a lesbian later. I did it, too. I was with him for 17 years, married for 10 of those. He thought I was bi because he knew about my attraction to women. After I came out (which didn't happen until years after we divorced for other reasons) he wasn't surprised at all that I'm a lesbian, and he's been very supportive.

5. kypso

Hello there MoMo!
    I am in exactly the same position as you, I can entirely empathise.
    I am sorry that I don't have any advice really or an answer because I am struggling with the same issue, do I do anything or nothing?
    I just want you to know that you're not alone and I like to think that the universe will have things eventually the way they are meant to be. Maybe it will all become clear?
    xx

6. Soulstone

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, MoMo..

Welcome :slight_smile: I know how you feel, I am in the same boat. What makes you think you might be a lesbian instead of bi? I am questioning at the moment - I just recently came to terms with my bisexuality, but now I just find myself leaning more and more towards women. I find them far more attractive. I don't want to have sex with my husband anymore, but that could be due to other reasons..So I am as confused as you.