1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update - open marriage doesn't work :(

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Soulstone, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Soulstone

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, guys..

Well, I have news. The open marriage thing does not work. My husband has turned into passive agressive manchild lately..For example, he is super sweet with kids, but absolutely ignores me. When I text him, he does not respond etc. I understand it's difficult for him, but I was hoping he would still be my friend.
    It really makes me sad. I know we are together mainly for the kids, but still I would like to be considered an actual human being, not just some blank space :frowning2:

2. bright skies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry you are having such a crap time soulstone. I haven't read any of your previous posts but is a proper separation not an option? It's so hard to have to deal with your own feelings let alone the feelings of your husband making you feel crap too. I'm going through similar things at the moment, I've chosen to seperate as my children are becoming affected by our arguing, he in the other hand is not letting go without a fight and is doing a good job of making me feel like a bad human.

3. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am sorry you are going through this Soulstone (also you bright skies)! :frowning2: I can't really give advice because I have never been in a situation like that, so I will just give this hug instead! (*hug*)

4. Soulstone

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, how familiar this sounds..We don't argue, we just ignore each other. But at least for now he is nice to the kids, and they are not big enough to understand between the lines yet. So,I am staying, at least for a while. I hope he will get used to the idea his marriage is different. I am also afraid he will take it out on the kids if I decide to leave him. I don't want that to happen.
    It would be easier if I had someone who loves me..Living in this emotional vacuum is a total hell for me.

---------- Post added 15th Jul 2016 at 07:22 PM ----------

Thank you:kiss: