1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

False calm and doubt?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Jjanon, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Jjanon

So I imagine that I'm not alone in this and I think I know what the answer is, but it's hard for me to see for myself things sometimes.

So I was in full on crisis for several weeks right up until I was able to say out loud and admit to myself that I am a woman. It was kind of like instant relief. I felt calmer for a while and every time I have talked about it out loud I again feel calmer. And even when I just say it by myself I get all tingly through my chest.

So I think because I let off the pressure that was inside, I no longer feel like I'm in a crisis and that I can just go back to the way things were before my crisis. And maybe because it's subsided I was just imagining things. And maybe I don't have to deal with this.

But I also think that that isn't true. That the imminent crisis subsided BECAUSE I was truthful with myself, and if I ignore it now the crisis will come back again.

I'm not crazy right? Other people have had feelings like that?

2. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Questioning your judgement when making big changes in life is normal, especially when they are changes that are not easy to reverse.

I think the real question is: how would you feel about staying where you are in life right now? How would you feel 10 years down the line if you continued down the path you have been going so far in your life? And comparing to that, what would your life look like 10 years down the line in a perfect world?

Think about those questions for a bit and I am sure you will find your answer. :slight_smile: