1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow, that was fun!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by OGS, Jul 17, 2016.

1. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't been to a tea dance in forever. My husband and I went to one this afternoon and it was amazing. There's something about a couple hundred guys (and a handful of women) outside in the light of day just dancing like nobody's watching that's just good for the soul.

2. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never heard of a tea dance before. I'm only a few hours from you. How does one get involved in such things.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess you would just have to kind of keep your ear to the ground. They tend to be less a group than an event. A lot of time gay resorts will have them. That's what we did this weekend. My husband picked me up from work on Friday with bags and everything for a surprise trip to Saugatuck in MI. Closer to home I've been to dances on the beach associated with Chicago Pride, dances on Navy Pier which were associated with the Hearts Party. A lot of circuit parties will have one event that is a tea dance. We even went to one on a boat in New York. As we rounded the Statue of Liberty they played a dance.mix of Neil Diamond's "Coming to America" and people just went nuts. They have ones that are mainly women but they're a little fewer in number. You really should keep an eye out. It's a completely different vibe to a nighttime event.