1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else from BC-interior ?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Stewie, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No details publicly of course, but I have no clue what I'm doing, where to meet someone, how to meet someone, I don't even know any LGBT people in this area, and searching online only yields resources like this site. I would just love to sit and have a coffee and talk to someone face to face about issues, questions etc if I were near the coast, I'm sure I wouldn't have to look very far, but up here, it's still a bit rednecky

2. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stewie

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone that is not out yo their wives and I would talk about it first with her. It was my wife's idea when I was looking to engage other gay guys for friendship,

I got on a gay hookup site with a profile to meet friends only. I got the usual hits for sex. But, also some guys responded to my friends only. Met several plus got several invites to parties and gatherings.

At first I thought all the guys would be creeps. But, not the case. There is just a gay sex hookup culture that is part of the deal and I am finding these are just regular guys

You must be careful. I tell my wife when and where I am meeting someone and the first visit is a really public place. Some of these guys are married and really going through the same things. You also may be very tempted...I was. When my wife said go ahead and play I already knew a guy. So this may not be for you.

I had no other alternatives and I simply needed to share my gay with other gay guys.

3. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's how I feel, I'm not looking to rush into anything just wanna talk with other guys I guess, I'm not even sure yet, I'm not into the hookup culture, that's not me, and I don't think it will ever happen like that. Just want to experience the culture a bit more I guess, probably better just to wait till I can attend an event like a pride parade. Would have liked to go to Van's this year but, that's not gonna happen at this point. Just figured I'd see if there's anything happening around here is all.

4. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I share your pain in finding that confidante. I went to a pride event but really didn't meet any guys. Lots of gay women and that was good. I tend to get along well with them. But, I did meet a gay biking partner on the hookup site. Great guy we had beers and spent an evening just talking. He will never be an intimate friend but I see us being friends that get together for a bike ride and a beer.

He was exactly what I needed. I hope you find someone like that.