1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well that sucked...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Stewie, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't get anxiety, never have, I don't feel panic, never have... I cut my hand open, I say OWwwwww. Let's go to the hospital this is gonna need stiches. I'm the one everyone else comes to with problems cause I'm calm, people describe me as there rock all the time.

I came out to my niece(she's 31) this morning, via text, can still barely say it to myself out loud. And I started talking to her about how bad it would be if everyone found out, parents, brothers(I have 5) sisters(3) my wife's family, which after 20 years were all pretty close.....

And this rush hit me... Almost dropped my phone.. Started shaking... The adrenaline kicked in and alls I wanted to do in that moment is run, RUN the hell away from this... Called into work to say I'm gonna be late and was told to have a day off, I needed it.

Took about an hour and it subsided, but dam. If that's what some of you describe happening to you everyday, my heart goes out to you. That sucks.

The other thing that really sucks today is I'm in the process of cleaning out the spare bedroom and moving my stuff in there, my heart is heavy, there's tears rolling down my cheeks, but there's also a smile on my face. :icon_bigg

Should probably say everything is great between my wife and I, Amaziing even. We decided that were never getting divorced, and are going to be there for each other as friends till the end of our days.

2. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stewie

Sad and happy for you. I thought I might be faced with the same scenario. My wife and I will stay married no matter what...we just have too much together. But, I feared I might end up in the spare bedroom after my wife became aware of my sexuality.

Do you see maintaining any intimacy with your wife?

3. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably nothing more then friends, plenty of hugs, maybe a kiss here and there but I think if we are going to be able to stay friends, any intamacy we had has to stop, it will just lead to even more confusion, then we need.

4. TravelerMe

Sorry for the tough time you had. That reaction shows how telling someone that's so very important to you is tough but also meanigful.

I'll probably end up in the basement when I'm out lol.

5. Teach1

Teach1 Guest

Sorry to hear about the emotions. I certainly relate. I have been in our guest room
    For about a month and a half now, however we are getting closer to me moving out. Great if you can stay married and be friends.

#5 Teach1, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
  6. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those damn emotions are hard some days. Coming out has so many emotions that it's hard to even describe. I hope this helps you find a happier place.

7. faustian1

To, this sounds like a really nice solution. Are you both serious about this?

8. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, but things change. Who knows really what the future holds. I gave up trying to predict it... I'm almost certain I will never marry again, even if I find a partner, if she finds one later on and decides she wants to re-marry that will be fine as well.