1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship anarchy

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by CameronMR, Jul 27, 2016.

1. CameronMR

My girlfriend shared this article with me, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. I feel that this, in a perfect world, would be the norm.

#1 CameronMR, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  2. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is an interesting concept but does not sound like anything for me. I have nothing against polyamory for those who wish to practice that of course, but I actually enjoy monogamy and it comes naturally to me. :slight_smile: Whether monogamy is a modern construct or not, it feels right for me so it is what I go with.

3. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I appreciate how things can work for some people, in fact I have friends that live by this philosophy. However, I am not so good at sharing. I want a relationship with someone who only wants to be with me.

4. yuanzi

Interesting idea indeed. I really like the part that suggests non-sexual relationships can be as important as sexual relationships, which is definitely to my advantage because I am much better at establishing meaningful friendships than meaningful sexual relationships.

However I can't help but wondering how realistic that is. I feel we have been genetically, socially and culturally hard-wired to place sexual relationships on a much higher position than platonic friendships.

Another unrealistic aspect is that the concept entirely builds on one's feelings and totally rejects any formal structures or legal bindings. Intuitively it just does not sound like something sustainable at all...