1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to burst!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by makemehappy, Jul 28, 2016.

1. makemehappy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all
    I'm still not out but am peering through the crack in the door.
    My feelings for women have been majorly triggered by falling forsomeone I work with, and itspainful, because of the work thing and we are both in long term relationships, andi care alot for her, have fantasies etc.
    I have never felt like this about a woman but have been attracted to women before, but never come to anything. I want this to change.
    I like men and women,but recently have been REALLY questionning.
    I am ina bit of a mess at the moment about the wholet thing, and its a real preoccupation. Makes me want to cry.
    I have 't told anyone but think i would feel better - so glad this forum exists.
    Anyone got help words pls?:help:

2. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    would she be accepting, if you came out to her as Bi ?

This is a touchy one forsure, as your both in committed Hetero relationships and you work together, if she rejects you, this could make everything really uncomfortable. I would never condone cheating on your spouse's/boyfriends/partners but if she's fine with you coming out to her, then you can maybe mention it's her your interested in ? I don't know, like I said it's a touchy situation.

3. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, this is a great place to post, read, learn, etc. It has been awesome for me.

From what you posted, you certainly could be bi. I want to tell you that bisexuality is a valid orientation and can actually be a stable, lifelong identity. It's normal, okay, even awesome. I encourage you to explore your own sexuality as much as you can - if you are anything like me, the more you learn, the more you realize your true self, the more comfortable you get with it all.

I don't have any advice on your relationships. What you are going through is not unusual, though, there are others here who have been through very similar situations. Hopefully they can help with advice better than I can.

4. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're really wanting to come out, maybe try with someone that you know will be accepting. Do you know any LGBT people that you could sit and have an in person chat with?

5. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been in pretty much this exact situation and I know how painful it is so *hugs* to you. In my case I am Bi and married to a man and my crush is an out Lesbian with a long term gf. I have identified as Bi since I was a teenager (although I haven't been very 'out') and my husband has always known so that has helped.

I eventually came out to my crush and she was super nice about it and very understanding of my situation. Nothing has happened between us though and that is probably for the best given the situation.

Is the women you have fallen for Bi/Lesbian? Does she have any idea how you feel about her? Does your boyfriend know you are also attracted to women?

I agree with Rose Petals, in that in might help to talk to someone in real life about questioning your sexuality, maybe a friend or your boyfriend if you think he will be understanding?

For your own sake I would maybe advise trying to distance yourself from her while you figure this all out but I know that's not always easy or possible.

6. bright skies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've also been in a very similar situation except my attraction was reciprocated and quickly turned into us being fully in love. I don't feel as overly emotional as I did maybe 6 months ago when in my weird freaked out loved up state I told too many people how I was feeling = big mistake when you are practically married with kids. My advice would be to talk freely to people on here and read others situations. I really shouldn't have started speaking to people when I was so highly emotional. Also although I've enjoyed the feelings I've had at times it has torn my life apart as well as those around me. Just take your time to work through how you are feeling, I fully understand how these feeling can really mess you up. I'm still going through it and I don't know what my outcome will be as a year later I'm still in love with this woman and I don't know if it's just her or if I am bi or gay? I have really hurt my life partner and my eldest child has caught wind of something and is not happy. I'm at the stage now that a few people know I've had "confused feelings" for a woman, a couple know I love her and do I run with this or do I try to work things out with my long term partner who worships the ground I walk on.

7. makemehappy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks so much to everyone for your support.
    Firstly and i didn't make this ckear so sorry - the woman is lesbian andin lt relationship,and doesn'know my felings, but i sometimes get the sense she has an idea. She is a really nice person so if i discussed it as sgeneral issue somehow thenit may open up a further discussion. However it si difficukl at work to find the oportunity.
    I do.want to tell someone in real life and am working on wjo is best and who i can trust, maybe evev try some thearapy s this is potentially a bombshell in my life,as my relationship with partner has been shaky for some time now.
    What you say resonates alot with me and i wish i had the nerve to be out to the woman i have felings for.
    Unfortunately i can'distance from her as when in work we see each other a afair bit.I don' want to freak her out but as i said i think she may have an idea.I am new to this so if she did have similar feelings i' m not sure how i would know inless obvious.
    Anyway i won't se her now for 2/3 weeks as we are on our holidays but geeat being with family.
    I'l see how the land lies when iget back and for now keep posting and maybe talk to partner.
    Many thanks andhugs.