1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regrets of the closeted

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Crunchy, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Crunchy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For those of you who were closeted and rejected someone who you had feelings for, can I ask what you felt at the time you rejected that person/those feelings and what you feel now looking back?

Might also ask if you were aware at the time of the extent of your feelings for them or did it only become obvious looking back?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This hasn't happened to me since no one I liked ever showed interest in me for me to reject them. I can imagine the situation though. I've only had one, maybe two guys show some interest in me, but I didn't feel a spark. What was your situation, if you'd be willing to share a bit more?

3. AJ Bee

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but years ago, I dated an amazing woman for several years.. I was living in another part of the country so I didn't have to worry about my family finding out. Then, I had to move home about 10 years ago when my mom got sick and she wanted to come with me and build a life here.. but I panicked and left her. I was well aware of my feelings for her, but I let too much fear influence my decision.

4. Crunchy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    But could you leave someone you love, even if out of fear?

5. mangotree

I remember being in denial and in the closet, and "meeting up with" guys in my late teens -> early 20s.
    I was only interested in one thing. I wouldn't even kiss because it was "too gay".
    A lot of them were beautiful and nice and probably would have made excellent boyfriends if I wasn't so determined to become straight at the time.

I treated some really great guys really badly. I certainly regret that.