1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irritated by patience

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Aug 2, 2016.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Patience is irritating... or maybe I'm just irritated that I have to be patient. I want to be married with two kids right now, and with a history of lots of smoking hot sex, but at this point, I'm just barely, barely, learning how to ask someone out on a date. I know that the right answer is to be patient, to keep trying, to take my life one day at a time, and to make slow, steady progress. It pisses me off. I want success. Right. Fucking. Now.

Maybe I should just change my definition of success to be something that someone else would call more realistic. But I'm not in the mood to adjust my expectations. I want what I want.

I do admit, though, that I am starting to get my shit together, to deal with the damage that my past problems caused and to move forward with my life. I can't imagine that another man would want to be with me until I do get everything ironed out. But it still puts me in a pissy mood.

Alright, that's it. Thanks for listening.

#1 crazydog15, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  2. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! I want a girlfriend living with me having hot lesbian sex right now! Where is my damn magic wand to make that happen?

It's good to hear things are improving, though. They are with me, too. I'm just getting stir crazy waiting to find a good woman.

3. trisb

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And I am waiting for the catfish/crush who has been irritating and harassing me online to go away ASAP!

Hate that b*tch. Rolling forward.

4. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, sorry, I'll stop. :icon_bigg

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Goals, goals, goals...just give them up!

There is so much charm in the moment, a life's worth in each second, why put your mind into the future?? Pay attention to where you are now, compare it to before...you'll see: progress is being made!

If you give up these grand Goals, you will find that, suddenly, the need for patience just vanishes in a puff of glittery, rainbowy smoke! :grin:

Why not pursue instead the fun and charm of learning how to date? Or the sweetly awkward way that you could ask someone out? Why do you assume that you have to attain some level of near-to-perfection before you consider yourself eligible? Why not just accept that neither you, nor any person you date will ever be perfect?

Trust me, you will save yourself a world of aggravation!

6. trisb

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :lol: