1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USA 2016 Presidential campaign, being gay - parallels.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, Aug 3, 2016.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's interesting to observe how "emotional" people get over the American presidential campaign. Man I've seen some real "primal" behavior. Career politicians who have "lost it" publicly when it comes to Trump. So we see the "effects" of raw human emotions playing out.

A person who's dealing with suppressed sexuality, yep they lose it all the time. Understandable. We see effects all the time on ECs posts.

It's interesting to see how all this raw human emotion robs us. Robs energy. I know when I realized I was gay for the first time, I had NO ENERGY at all.

2. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't get what you are saying with the campaigns, but I have taken a great deal of notice on how anxiety and worrying can zap your productivity. I lost it on someone who was repeatedly honking at me today when there was no way I could move the car forward. It didn't zap my energy though, All the the various arm flailing and mouthing bad words at the offending driver relived me of any anxiety. Maybe losing it on Trump has the same cathartic effect, anger can be motivating and healthy it expressed well.

3. TravelerMe

It does rob our energy. Seems to me it's when people are less able to handle someone else's point of view that may critique their own. People are so easily offended and get over emotional. It's why comedians are less likely to play college campuses these days because everyone gets so offended by the humor which is always critiquing the human condition.

And when they can't handle these emotions from being so offended they seek to change or control the behavior of others. Not good.

#3 TravelerMe, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  4. YeahpIdk

I can sort of see what you're saying with the presidential campaign. This one is especially tough because of the choice at hand. Some people choose to slightly ignore (me), while others are truly terrified either way. It's interesting to parallel it with sexuality questioning. The emotions may be similar but the effect is totally different. I find that since I've gone through questioning and everything that comes with that, I'm a little worn out. I become quieter. More in my head about personal matters. It's getting better, but it's still something I deal with. This blankness that comes over me when I'm around people, as if I have nothing to add. It's almost like starring blankly while there's a bunch going on. I think it came from wanting to stay quiet, like I'd somehow vomit gayness or something. It's getting better.