1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out again...with Kids

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Mebime, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Mebime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello,
    I recently re came out.
    I was bisexual but married to a man who was awesome for 9 years.
    We had two kids and ended very mutually, still friends and involved coparents.
    After the break up I started dating women again.. after 9 years.. wowza
    I reconnected with an old lover and was in a closeted lesbian relationship for one week shy of a year.
    We broke up. Being out was a factor. But mostly.. meshing her child and mine was the larger issue. That, and we had an open relationship, which I did not manage well. Nor did she communicate well.
    So, the point of going over the break up is to say... I decided to come out.. not because we where together.. but because we broke up.
    Honestly... I was going to come out with her pride weekend.. but we broke up instead.
    And then after the break up I needed to talk to my friends about the split.. and I didn't want to not lie about the situation...
    So now.. I handle being out. Dating women Again..and dealing with that, having a career.. and children to keep in mind. I was scared to death the entire relationship, but once I came out after the split I was pleasantly surprised. Just wanted to share my story...and get any feedback.
    Thank YOu.

2. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you! I think so many things are easier out of the closet than in.

3. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love your story! You are doing so well. I know what you mean about the pleasant surprise after coming out, I have felt that as well. I think your kids are lucky to have such a great mom, too, strong in being her true self.

I'm bi too. My biggest challenge is explaining to straight people what it means to be bi but in an opposite-sex relationship. And why it's important to me to be out. But it's worth it in every case so far.

Thanks for sharing your story, you rock!

4. Mebime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks Andry
    Yep im happy. Out and single...