1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just So Damn Depressed and Confused...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by afgirl, Aug 7, 2016.

1. afgirl

I guess if I had a friend I could really discuss this with, that's where I would be right now, but I don't, so here I am venting to people I don't know because if I don't vent I will implode. GF and I had a huge, and I mean, huge fight yesterday....started out as a text thing and then full blown. We don't get nearly enough time together, I know that. Most of it is me and my daughter, but the fight we had was ridiculous. Like I don't even know if we can go on ridiculous. We left with the idea that we'd work on it, but there was a lot of finger pointing and a lot of hurt feelings and I think we both feel the same way--like neither of us can do anything right with the other.

Anyway, I've woken up today so sad, near tears (I didn't think I had any left after yesterday). I don't know what to do. To make matters worse, I interviewed for a job last week which would keep me at my same grade, but move me much closer to home, but away from her. I don't know. I just feel like it's all going south and it breaks my heart. I just want things the way they were.

Damnit....this is the part about love that I hate, and actually pretty much forgot about.

2. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep your chin up. If you're breaking up, the job would be a good thing. If you stay together, you can always decline the new job. Sometimes full out fights aren't the end, they're just an airing that leads to working on making things better. Are there ways you can compromise with each other to get together more?

3. ConsciousRose42

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Afgirl
    May I ask has your relationship always had a firey element ?
    I remember one I was in a relationship And we used to have BIG blow ups and the. Make up
    In hindsight we never resolved any of the issues we were not compatable due to our individual issues and relating problems ...

Have u been together long ?

How do u see things panning out - do u see that things can change - is it practical things that need to change as well as the relating ?

4. afgirl

Ha. Our relationship does not have a fiery element. We get along amazingly well but have such stressors due to the fact that my daughter is very hostile towards this change in my life. Sometimes it gets to be too much.

I love her dearly. We have been together close to a year now. All is well, and we don't argue often, but that was by far the biggest and worst argument we have ever had. We are past it. I love her so much, and look forward to our future together.

BTW, was offered the job, but I'm not taking it. It 100% does not have to do with her, but future opportunity. Work is truly awful, but it's situational. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.