1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda shocked and proud of myself.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Stewie, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So last Friday a few of us went out to our local pub for some drinks, met some new people we were all just having a good time, anyway there's this guy I just assumed Hetero(kinda cute, I'm really starting to notice guys way more) clean shaven, shorter hair, well dressed, he's talking about his truck and how there going 4x4n Saturday morning... And while he was rambling on a light bulb went off in my head, he was being way overly Hetero all night, everything he talked about was manly, this and that, he had a go cart frame he was giving to my buddy for his son, he mentioned that his last girlfriend screwed him over so that's why he's been single for "2 years" he even called out to some ladies that were walking down the sidewalk, but when they came in he was a little flustered and never even went over to talk to them... My buddy did though. So I think I came to the conclusion that he may be gay, and then I immediately got all tense, still managed to make it through the night without doing anything dumb. Thankfully.
    Anyway he has been stuck in my head every since, even had a dream about him last night....

So today, with almost no fear or anxiety I went to his place of work to see if he was there, I did actually need to pick something up from there but well you know.. So I wandered in walked around, didn't see him, grabbed what I needed, then asked the guy at the counter and sure enough he was off today. But still WTF!!! That's not something I would have ever imagined myself doing, had a bit more spring in my step after that. I'm a happy guy today, and I will go back and I will talk to him and I will find out if he's interested!!! Now I'm blushing writing that lol.

Just wanted to share a good day :eusa_danc

2. Really

3. faustian1

I think you're discovering the secret truth about the rural (not sure where in BC you are), pickup-truck crowd.

After living in one of the most liberal western US cities for decades, almost ten years ago I made a move to an ostensibly conservative (75% Republican), a-church-on-every-corner, rural community. When I was a resident of the liberal place, I had a hell of a time connecting with gay people, for any purpose. It was very difficult. Since I've lived in my current place, I have met and talked with many gay people.

They may put on a fine redneck act, but you may have no idea what thoughts go through those minds....I think it's interesting how this has put a bundle of dynamite under all those time-honored stereotypes we rely on.

4. Patagonia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Interesting. Very interesting! And exciting.:icon_wink