1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went to a gay bar - update

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Aug 8, 2016.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I did it. I went to a gay bar. Well, the bar at a gay-friendly, rainbow-flag-flying restaurant.

And it was okay. As in, nothing bad happened, to me or to anybody else. There were obviously gay couples and groups around, and it was totally okay. I went for a late-night drink, and it was like getting and having a drink at any other place. The service wasn't so great with the bartender hanging out with his friends, but I guess that happens.

The biggest regret that I have about that experience is that I probably had way too much to drink that afternoon and evening leading up to it, but unfortunately, I needed the liquid courage. I don't think I'll need so much of that next time.

And yes, I am hoping that there will be a next time. It's unfortunate that the nearest gay bar is a little over five hours away (which is, yes, how long it took to get there), but I am glad that I went.

2. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on being true to your self. Just be careful, drinking a lot at a gay bar and unprotected sex, not the best of ideas.

3. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Ya. May not be the best combo lol

4. Eab91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I commend you. I havent worked up the courage to go to a gay bar yet. I am so scared to go, mostly because I havent come out to EVERYONE yet, just a few friends and my family. My town is so small too.

5. Patagonia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can totally relate to that! But all in good time. And it will all be worth it.

6. Eab91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    .[/QUOTE]
    I can totally relate to that! But all in good time. And it will all be worth it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I am thinking of going to a city like an hour away that has a TON of gay bars. I don't even know how to meet anyone lesbian. All my current friends are straight and I don't want to go to a gay bar alone lol. After I make some new friends, maybe I will work up the courage to actually go :lol: