1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's me, again, this time, I'm out!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ThatGirlShauna, Aug 9, 2016.

1. ThatGirlShauna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I haven't been here in a while, and last time I was here I was still in the "omg, am I really a lesbian???" phase of questioning. I was only out to three people, and I had not yet told my husband.

I wanted to post for all the people who are, or will be in a similar situation. There is hope. It is hard and scary, but there is hope that living your life the way you are meant to is going to work out how it should.

I was TERRIFIED to come out to my husband. I thought my world was ending. But I knew I needed to do it because it was KILLING me to have this big secret and live this false life. So, I set a date, and I did it. It was really hard. SO hard. I went away for the weekend with my kids afterward, and when I came back my husband and I discussed the terms of our separation and eventual divorce. He was kind. Really hurt, but kind. It went so much better than I expected it would. And now I get to live my life as I am meant to live it.

I also came out to MOST of my friends and family. Some people still don't know, but they aren't close friends or family, so it's not a priority for me. My mom did not take it well, but she will hopefully come around.

I just wanted to share! I feel sooooooooooo much weight off my shoulders now!

2. prettypixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's amazing!! Congrats!

3. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Such a good feeling! Good for you!

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing. Really helpful to read a positive story.

5. ThatGirlShauna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you!

NotMyName- I found it SO helpful to come here and read stories from people who had been where I was, and who made it through. It's not all sunshine and rainbows (ha), but the freedom in knowing I can be wholly myself is such a wonderful feeling. It gives me strength to know I can face the hard things that are still yet to come.