1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women who have hurt me in the past

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, Aug 11, 2016.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something profound is happening. I'm beginning to have very deep and long conversations with women - in coffee shops. As I become more accepting of my sexuality, I'm starting to view women in a whole new light, like they are not going to hurt me.

So my theory, women have hurt me bad in the past. I pretty much know the first lady to hurt me was my mom - when I was 13, 14. But it's pretty much a blank after that......until now.

So the sequence of events, simplified. First hurt, mom. Now I'm wounded, subsequent hurts are easier. Then comes a habit of reactions and looking for that hurt.

Wow.

2. RainbowBrite

It's a great feeling when you suddenly get what makes you tick, when things slot into place. Hope it helps you make new positive habits and trust new people.

3. OldDog1952

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Get past it. Through out our lives we get hurt. It's part of the growth process. Thinking A particular group is to blame is absurd. Anyone can hurt someone, It happens everyday to everyone. we even hurt ourselves sometimes. Learn from it. So you can try not to let it happen again. Trust is A valuable commodity use it wisely. You can trust anyone A little, but no one completely. It's A fine line we walk in life, tread carefully & try not to become jaded. I wish you Good luck. Your going to need it.

4. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cant get past it if you do not know it exists.

My behavior is also cause, effect. The effect is I do not trust. Causes are what I am exploring.

With references to your "Thinking A particular group is to blame is absurd." comment OldDog1952. You sir completely miss the reason for my post. Good day.

#4 brainwashed, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  5. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Your reply made me chuckle, lol. We've all been toxic. We've all been rude, mean, abusive, etc. It's easy for someone else to see the obvious, but to be aware of your entire perception of thinking? It's nearly damn impossible. It's very difficult and to face what you've thought to be true your entire life, is much easier said than done.

We all need luck.

6. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought about me, when I was 13, 14 years old. A teen on the verge of discovering who they are. The best way to summarize what happened to me at that age is: (original version) I had something taken away from me before I knew what I had.

(processed version) I had my sexuality taken away from me before I knew what that sexuality was. (yes thats better)

7. OldDog1952

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't think so. I myself became Jaded years ago. But I didn't sit around feeling sorry for myself. I put it behind me & got on with my life. Who's to blame doesn't solve anything. As for who to trust. You can't trust anyone. You can trust some people some of the time & no one completely. Gender is irrelevant. So put on your big girl panties & deal with it. I'M sorry if that sounds crude. I'M just telling it like it is.:rolle: